1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Windshield Washer Reservoir

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by whiskers, Aug 1, 2017.

1. whiskers

whiskers Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    My windshield washer reservoir fluid loses about two inches of fluid in a five day period. It is a brand new 2016 Prius C bought from the Toyota dealer. I bought it one month ago. I took it in for warranty service and they kept the car there for two hours and checked the system and said there is no leaks. I am still having the same problem. Every five days or so I lose about two inches of the fluid. This happens if we drive the car or not. We are not using the fluid and it is parked in the garage and we do not see any liquid on the floor. We are thinking of leaving the car at the dealer for 5 days to show to them that indeed we are losing fluid. Any ideas on what to do to fix this problem? Thanks in advance.

2. Oldwolf

Oldwolf Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    If the reservoir is totally full, and the the two inches are lost from the full spout, that may be from trapped bubbles being released.

Or, if you totally fill the reservoir when cold, and then you drive the car, the liquid may expand while being heated to engine compartment temperatures, and leak out the overflow. Next day when you look at it, it has cooled and contracted to its current level.

If you are not seeing a puddle of washer fluid under the car, there likely is not a leak.

ztanos likes this.
  3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Where are you seeing this 2" drop? In the neck, or on the dipstick?