1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Windshield Wiper Blades

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by mabelair, Dec 17, 2007.

1. philmcneal

philmcneal Taxi!

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    so i got these bosch icons 418a and 426a and following john 1701 instructions i managed to get the stock front wiper blades off, but when installing I'm like hm?

There are no instructions in the box either! What tools did you guys use and how did you get there? help this man experience his icons!!! :(

2. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
  3. Michgal007

Michgal007 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ok, it was time for me to replace the wipers. My wonderful friends bought be all three of them for my b'day (ok, I asked for them). :) After 30 min with two friends, I finally figured out how to remove the existing front wipers. :eek: It's so easy to remove them once you figure it out I guess...

Now, I don't know how to remove the back window wiper. Can I lift it upwards without breaking the base? Any suggesions will be greatly appreciated. :)

4. Speedwing

Speedwing Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
  5. orracle

orracle Whaddaya mean "senior" member?

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I just ordered the ones from Priuschat that are the special rain ones. It was so easy to replace them I was amazed. If only most things on a car were that easy...

6. Michgal007

Michgal007 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  7. rsforkner

rsforkner Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    <sarcasm>
    It is the most wonderful system of measurement ever devised. Since it is based on the length of part of your finger (actually an old king of England's finger) you can always measure anything, any time you want. Never have to worry about looking for a ruler or tape measure.
    </sarcasm>

Like someone else said, "never mind"....:confused:

Bob

8. tom1l21

tom1l21 Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I just bought the 428B and 418B from Advanced Auto Parts, they have $8 off each pair of Bosch Icons' plus a $15 manufacturer's rebate. Not sure the difference between the A and the B though. So far they work great, too bad they don't have one for the rear wiper.

9. Bob64

Bob64 Sapphire of the Blue Sky

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I heard that advanced auto parts might not be an "authorized retailer"... so those of us on slickdeals.net that may have got in it may have some rebate worries.

10. tom1l21

tom1l21 Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius

That's pretty ridiculous, I don't see how they would retail them if they weren't "authorized".

Anyways...I went ahead and installed 428B (426A is recommended but the 28" work so why not go bigger) and 418B on my driver and passenger side respectively and they look and work great!

11. Bob64

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah it is kinda ridiculous. But I did get this e-mail from them:
    [​IMG]

12. tom1l21

tom1l21 Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I mentioned earlier that I got the 428B and 418B Bosch Icon Blades for the driver and passenger side respectively. For some reason, my driver side is not being cleared where the apex of the blade is. This makes it difficult to see. I am not sure if the extra 2" (spec is 26") is causing this or because I got a B (which I am told is for passenger side and has a more pronounced convexity). I will return and get the 426A which should work perfectly.

13. Bob64

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    What the? I thought both were supposed to be the "A" versions?

14. black70bird

black70bird Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    PepBoys has the RainX Latitudes for 2 for 1, you buy 2 and they rebate the price of 1 of equal or lesser value( limit 4). I have had a set of these on my 03 for close to 2 years with little or no streaking until this year. I treat them with 303 wiper treatment at each wash. I just purchased a new set.

15. mfduffy

mfduffy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    For the Bosch Icons, they should both be As. Note that you can upsize both the driver and passenger. I installed 428A and 419A, respectively. The coverage is great. Unfortunately, I got a bum driver side blade. It leaves a fine line of water about 3in from the end. I'll have to reorder that one and return.

16. tom1l21

tom1l21 Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I must say I'm not too pleased with these when driving in rain on the highway. I use 426A and 418B for driver and passenger side respectively (recommended by AutoZone's computer systems).

At higher driving speeds (55-70mph), these blades tend to not work too well. I'm not sure if this is normal for all blades though as I never noticed prior to buying the icons.

17. KCobby

KCobby Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Hmm, I just saw this and realized that my new Icons do the same thing: the driver's side leaves a fine line about 3" from the top. Did you get a new one and was it fixed? I want to return mine now as well.

I haven't had any trouble at high speeds, however.

18. Doc Willie

Doc Willie Shuttlecraft Commander

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hmmm. I had that too. I though I must have damaged the wiper somehow.

However, it recently has gone away.

Curiouser and curiouser.

19. KCobby

KCobby Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I thought the same thing - and I even looked at the wiper to see if there was something wrong with the rubber but it looked fine. And I couldn't feel anything irregular.

Anyway, I hope they take it back without issue. Maybe it's a bad batch. Otherwise I've been very happy. But Bosch should know about this.

20. mullen28

mullen28 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I bought a set of Bosch Icons (426A & 418A) in November and they have been streaking for the last few months. I bought them because people on the forum were saying how good they were but I'm not too happy. It says that the Dual precision-tensioned steel springs help create tension memory, applying uniform pressure along the entire blade length. But it doesn't because it streaks right in the middle. More on the drivers side. I'm going to have to replace them soon. Just putting it out there in case anyone else is interested in these.