1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Windshield Wiper Fluid Leak

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by kayceee, May 17, 2020.

1. kayceee

kayceee Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi All,

I noticed that my windshield wiper fluid always ran low, so suspected a leak. Filled up windshield wiper fluid reservoir under front hood (2012 Prius 3) with a liter and inspected under car for leaking fluid. Nothing. Turned on car and ran wipers and spray jets for a few seconds. Then, noticed steady stream of wiper fluid running out of front passenger side wheel well (behind the wheel) - far more excessive than regular drain off. I included some frames from the video I took, let me know if it would be helpful to include more photos.

Has anyone dealt with this kind of issue before? I assume there's a leak in one of the hoses that is forced open when pressurized. Do I need to remove the wheel and then the wheel well liner to access the hose? Not quite sure how to detach the clips in the wheel well liner so would appreciate links to any resources.

Thanks for your time.

Attached Files:

2. StarCaller

StarCaller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    that'll take you like 10 minutes to take the wheel & the liner off, but it will make the jog with the reservoir & the hoses WAY easier /

Mendel Leisk likes this.