1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Windshield Wipers too short!

Discussion in 'Prius c Technical Discussion' started by AliIzad, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Drive faster! That will clear the windscreen..

2. Rob.au

Rob.au Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    i-Tech
    Especially with RainX. :)

RocMills and Air_Boss like this.
  3. photogrl13

photogrl13 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I RainXed my windows day 1 and still this happens to me. Doesn't really bother me, though. Either way, the window will be wet. As for using fluid, I just wipe a few extra times until it's gone...just like the back window.

4. Prismart

Prismart Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    The long wiper can be replaced with one 1" or 2" longer. The two blades will then overlap.

I don't remember ever being satisfied with the OEM choice of size for wiper blades.

Donald LaFavor

5. Ryephile

Ryephile The Technophile

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    ...and then they'll bind and jam at the exact time you need them the most. Not a smart idea IMO.

6. Prismart

Prismart Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I categorically reprove "Ryephile's Unfounded speculation. They aren't your grandfather's windshield wipers anymore.

PriusC wipers cannot jam, they never cross each other. The longer blade always in the lead of the short one.

BTW: I made the discussed mod to my "C" last August. Needless to say, NO problems.

PM me if you need further details about this mod.

Donald LaFavor

7. Ryephile

Ryephile The Technophile

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    You can flail your keyboard around and incorrectly use capitalization all you want, that doesn't make you right.

You meant to say they don't cross each other any time other than at park. You're foolish for playing ignorant to that fact. Good luck not being surprised when someone in a public parking lot messes with your wipers and overlaps them in an inconvenient fashion...or you fail to pay attention when whacking them mid-winter to knock the ice off them only to find they're jammed.

Why would anyone want further details on how to increase risk to solve an alleged problem that's a non-issue? You should be embarrassed for promoting such a flagrant safety risk.

Lastly, how could you have discussed this "last August", when you've only been a member as long as I have? Your only posts from August '12 were jocking some carpeted dash and worrying about an exhaust tip.

8. Prismart

Prismart Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Ryephile;

You're entitled to your opinion. no more, no less, than I am mine.

Speculation will never trump experience. I put my integrity on line with every post. Speculation has about the same value as yesterday's newspaper

I intend to continue to contribute to this forum with anything I feel is to the betterment of the "C" and their owners.

Because my posts apparently raise your "Ire", then I suggest you not read them. I think this would work to our mutual satisfaction.
    I quite honestly begrudge you individually any benefit you would derive as result my education and experience.

BTW: I graduated from Cass Tech, received my first degree from U of M, worked in engineering at GM Tech Center.

Wish you the very best....... As long as you remain a stranger to me

9. Ryephile

Ryephile The Technophile

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I haven't run across this level of flagrant egocentrism in a few years. So far you've only proven your education and experience result in poor solutions that add notable risk for a barely measurable improvement of a non-issue.

You keep talking about experience, yet you seemingly cannot understand the orientation these wipers park and the fact their planes intersect; do you even own this car?

Furthermore, let's hear how you've analysed the wiper motor to determine the added load from your larger wiper is within its operational design parameters.

I would be horrified to hear a fellow PriusChat member adopt your "betterment" only to end up risking their lives because their wipers jammed at a critical time. You cannot guarantee your solution is fool proof, and safety-critical operations such as this shouldn't be haphazardly re-engineered without taking all the facts into consideration.

10. AliIzad

AliIzad Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three

11. Jollyman

Jollyman New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    My Sienna does that too, a little splash after the spray auto-cycle wipes have finished. I guess I'd rather it didn't, but I just give it one more wipe and it's done.