1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Winter Headlights

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by hdrygas, Sep 2, 2004.

1. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    hey we also have the Olympics!!

2. Varko

Varko Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Have you ever been near Diablo and Ross Lake along Hwy 20? There are some craggy peaks up there that look like they belong in the alps. Real stunners, especially on a snowy day.

And that diving is in marine water, not just some lake or old quarry with a few silver fish.

I was born and raised in the PNW, but I have done a fair bit of traveling and living in other areas of the U.S. (including Guam) and this is were I want to stay. The water, the mountains, the greenery, even the rain, punctuated by beautiful days like today - can't ask for more.

But if you are thinking of moving here - it rains all the time - you won't like it. :wink:

3. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
  4. Varko

Varko Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yep, that's the one. Can't miss the color of the water.

You do get around, don't you?

5. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    its easy when you have a car that gets 53 mpg!!

6. Varko

Varko Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Don't rub it in! :(

7. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    oh?? are you trying to tell me that oil would not be appropriate??

sounds more like you need some ben gay with that rubbing??

8. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Oh, but you haven't seen what I see! I live in the foothills of the Cascades, and I've seen and heard storms that you can only imagine. They are fantastic! :clap:

9. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    well until you have been in an allnight electrical storm that will dump 2-5 inches a rain an hour, you aint been in a real barnburner...

in the midwest, it would be hard to top some of the storms ive seen there.

10. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Yep the mid west where you smell a good electrical storm! Not only that at some times of the year you get tornadoes with your thunder storms. Nobody who has only lived in western Washington get the thunderstorm thing. My sister lived in the Cascades and grew up in Ohio and was not impressed. We just don't get "real' thunder storms. Trust me. If you don't move to Iowa or Kanas. After a spring, summer and fall you will get it, stay for the winter if you want to understand the snow thing. Though you could move to Paradise and get a similar experience. Not a flat though. Flat seems to make a difference.

11. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    A couple months ago we had a really nasty electrical storm come in off the Cascades. I watched it come in and finally had to go into the house because it got so bad. It was so COOL.

12. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    This made the news......
    http://www.komotv.com/stories/33250.htm

time to think where to hide the Prius to keep the dust out of it... also install the ev switch so you don't have to run the ICE... hmmmmm
    Idaho beach front properity....

13. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    lol.... well i think the "other" Mt. St Helens eruption can be safely classified as a "once in a lifetime" event.

although the news is abuzz with the now 2-3 earthqquakes per minute coming from under the lava dome.

14. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    There is one "small" thing brewing near by. In Yellowstone National Park. Recent studies show a dome building under Yellowstone Lake now getting to 100 feet. For those who are not aware most of the Park is a giant caldera the largest in the world. The last time it blew it created a "nuclear winter" Food for thought. Nowhere to run nowhere to hide.

15. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Doom and Gloom... crude price went over $50... glad we have Prii, or on a list to get one... I think the lists will surge again...

The Yellowstone story doesn't get much press... probably because we have never seen the kind of blast it could produce... Sherry (my Bride) lived in Goldendale Wa when St. Helens blew last time... has some great pictures...

16. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I am somewhat worried about St. Helen's blowing again. Glad I don't live close enough to get killed by it, just covered in ash like the last time. But I feel aweful for the people that DO live close enough to get killed.

Yellowstone created a nuclear winter the last time it blew?! Aw crap.... can I at least have my Prius for two weeks before I die??

17. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Starbug get a reasonably close up map of the area. 90% of the park is a crater of the mountain that blew. It is one of the known big ones. Rocks thrown to the east coast! The place is what it is today because it is a caldera. Colters Hell indeed, and it is still quite active. Go check it out and be glad when you leave that it did not vaporize you while you were there. What can you do if a volcano or tornado or hurricane has your name on it. Karma is! Freewill maybe yes maybe no. There is no cure for bad Karma.

18. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Man, if I ever get a chance to see Yellowstone, I'd love to take it. All I know of it is what I've seen on the Discovery Channel and photos.

There may be no cure for bad Karma, but there is also no cure for Murphy's Law..... Murphy's Law states that the day I go see Yellowstone is the day it blows. LOL. I'll still go see it anyway, one day.