1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Winter ICE Temperature?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by DGH, Dec 26, 2006.

1. DGH

DGH Thread Terminator

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Greetings,
    I am in the process of trying to maximize my winter MPG, block heater installed, grill covered and a ScanGauge is on the way.
    My question is, where can I find operating data regarding optimum engine temps, and what else should I know and look for?

Thanks...Dan.

2. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

the thermostat is set to start opening at 82C the cooling fans switch on at 100C and the inverter temp switch is set to turn the fan's on when the inverter coolant gets to 100C as well. Most times on start up with the wifes 2k4 I see ambient temp for the ICE on first startup in the morning and the thermos dump depending on what temp the ICE was at shutdown, seems to slowly crawl up to about 34-36C at the temp sender on the thermos and slowly getting the ICE up to the low 30's over a period of about 40-70 seconds. Even with the front blocked off I only managed to get the ICE up to 79C in several miles of driving.

3. DGH

DGH Thread Terminator

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Frank Hudon @ Dec 31 2006, 06:25 PM) [snapback]369094[/snapback]</div>

Thank you Frank!