1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Winter Tire advice and tips

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by Mike James, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Dunlop Winter Sport M3 215/50R17 on OEM 10-spoke 17" alloys with TPMS at 40 lbs all around. Not LRR but terrific, no-compromise snow tires -- which is why you choose to install a snow tire in the first place -- and a smooth ride.

2. Jack Cannon

Jack Cannon Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Interesting information about my OEM 2012 Prius v-5 tires. It came with TOYO P215/50R/17/90W tires. I was checking prices of the GoodYear and Michelin Primacy MXM4 tires and they were $142.00 and $165.00 each, respectively. The TOYO was $255.00. Why is the TOYO so much more expensive than the Michelin tire? I am assuming that the Michelins would provide a smoother ride (which I am looking for) than the TOYOs (which are rougher than hell).

Jack

3. ataylorracing

ataylorracing ataylorracing

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    We put studded snows on the wife's Prius the first month of ownership. NOTHING beats studded snows on glare ice! It does make a lot of noise and the mpg went from a range of 49-53 down to 43-46 in the same sort of driving, but we love to embarress huge 4x4 trucks that can kind of go, can't steer, and can't stop on glare ice. OVERKILL? Yep, but comes in very useful at least three times a year. I usually have them on my Neon too, but since I use it for U-Ship deliveries (Shipping Wars on A & E) I had to remove them to go out of state. They are legal in IN, but not in all the surrounding states. In IL I actually used my car to pull an ambulance and Sherriffs Crown Vic back up onto the road in a glare ice situation. Back then I did not know they were illegal there, but hey, got them back on the road.