1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

winter traditions

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by galaxee, Nov 12, 2005.

1. mrjagster

mrjagster New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    At least the vikings know how to party :D

2. lbligh

lbligh Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    When the weather gets colder I change what I cook. I bake stews in the oven and enjoy the way it heats up the kitchen. Also I get to bring out my favorite appliance, the rice steamer, and cook lots of batches of whole grains. During the summer I don't use it much because it generates so much hot steam.

Our farmers' market is filled with wonderful apples and butternut squashes and root vegetables. I try to cook fresh, local, in-season foods when possible. Today maybe I'll make an apple pie with lots of nutmeg.

3. finman

finman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Nissan LEAF
    off with the quilt and regular sheets, on with the flannel sheets and down comforter.

I now have an electric mower, so instead of prepping a gas mower for storage, I simply pull the battery out and store in the basement on it's trickle charger.

Sold the snow blower, too. Trying to get off the gas. Got my helath AND a shovel.

New tradition: putting snows on my Prius. Watching the energy monitor instead of the ever-lower MPG consumption screen.

Cheers for winter...without it, how would we appreciate summer?

Curt.

4. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Those weary of The Holidays might consider Festivus, a festival for the rest of us. Just google it.

5. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    oh guys... so many scrooges!

i was referring more to just winter and not so much holiday stuff- my fault, i didn't specify enough.

well it's nice to hear what other people do for winter anyway, including re-caulking the bathtub, frank, you scrooge! :lol:

it's our second winter down south and do we ever miss the snow. i do get a touch of seasonal affective but the brisk air perks me up. no such thing as snow and chills here, but i get SAD all the same. winter's more fun up north...

6. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    G:

To quote Popeye The Sailor Man:

"I yam what I yam!"

But since Frank brought it up, perhaps I had better swing by Home Depot tomorrow and pick up a few tubes of caulking ...

J

7. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Balboa Park in San Diego has something called December Nights, where all the museums are open for free and there's good things to buy, eat and drink. The Wild Animal Park has a Festival of Lights that's fun to go to.

When the snow reaches a certain level I take my mother (who was born in Pennsylvania) up into the mountains (first time in the Prius) to Julian. She can look at the snow, we have some hot Julian apple pie and go home.

8. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Can you come over to my house and cook me all of the above? Yum! I'm salivating just reading your post. :)