1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Winter Wheel Change Issues

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by JasWalker, Dec 16, 2018.

1. JasWalker

JasWalker New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    2009 Prius II

I picked up a separate set of winter wheels and had Costco change them out and program the TPMS. When I got the car from Costco, the Brake/ABS/VSC lights are on. After reading many forum threads, I am thinking the device that Costco used to load the codes for the TPMS cleared the zero point calibration.
    My 12V battery is fairly new and I checked the voltage was good. I just got a Techstream and have C1203 and C1345 present and unable to reset (tried 4 and 13 pin method too).
    The other possibility I discovered which I would like opinions on is the tires. I discovered the winter tires on stock rims I picked up are 15" vs. the 16" that came with my car (touring model). Should I put the summer tires back on to eliminate the change in size variable. Would smaller tires cause C1203 and C1345?

Any help is welcomed

2. JasWalker

JasWalker New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Ran the Linear Valve Offset using my Techstream and cleared up the faults. Glad I didn't spend the $2600 to get a new Brake Actuator. The 15" wheels were not the issue and will stay on until Spring.

Skibob, TomB985 and Mendel Leisk like this.
  3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    You're able to reintroduce TPMS sensors with your techstream? That'd be good, otherwise you'd have a twice-a-year expense.

I just sidestepped the whole debacle: have tpms on my stock wheels (just got new tires, and the tpms seems to have come through unscathed), but just old-school valves on my snow tires.

It is easier up here, Canada doesn't insist on operative tpms, at least they didn't last time I checked.

Just curious: do you fly something like what you're showing in your avatar?

4. JasWalker

JasWalker New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I am an aircraft maintenance supervisor. My team painted the F-16 pictured. I will likely program with my techstream in the Spring.

dolj and Mendel Leisk like this.
  5. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I gather you came across information that C1345 points to the Linear Solenoid Valve Offset Learning was Undone.

Otherwise a really good stab in the dark.

Also, it is also disturbing that Costco did do more than swap sensor IDs in the TPMS. If you were not so capable, it could have been quite costly having that diagnosed and rectified.