1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wiper arm spring bad pressure

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Lars1595, Dec 30, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Lars1595

Lars1595 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    My front wiper arm have low pressure because of bad spring in the arm. I believe I have to replace the entire arm. But I wonder is there a cheeper alternative? The original arm cost (85221-47040)78$ on eBay.

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I believe you can get the wiper arm for near free at any LKQ junkyard and if you were really slick you could measure the spring and probably bias spring but then you'd have to fool around with spring rates and all that and why be trying to figure that there's too many of these cars in the junkyard You could buy the whole arm or you could pull the spring out of the arm and put it in your pocket whatever I'm not suggesting to do that but they wouldn't care a wiper arm is the least amount of any business at the junkyard they probably give it to you for $5 10 for the pair off a car with maybe lower mileage than yours this is actually pretty rare I've seen this maybe two instances in my 40 years of driving 40 plus years Good luck with it buddy

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    He's in Sweden.

Prices are maybe no better than your EBay listing, but this site is good for parts numbers, and you can at least see the options:

https://www.amayama.com/en/catalogs/toyota/prius/2-hatchback-left-xw20-2005-r-2819/electrics-4/windshield-wiper-369

They probably will ship to you; I've used them several times in Canada. Cost for small items like this was the item cost plus shipping, nothing more.

#3 Mendel Leisk, Dec 31, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2022