1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wiper blades

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Jonny Zero, Oct 18, 2012.

1. kc410

kc410 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I get about 9 months out of a set of OEM wiper refills from the local Toyota parts department - <$20 for a set for the front.
    I never use or replace the rear wiper but about a year ago noticed it was frayed. The local dealer did not have a refill for it. They sold me a replacement that looks like the OEM blade for around $15 iirc.
    Prius stays outside . I clean the windshield & wiper rubbers _at least_ every other day. I find sand gathers where the wiper meets the glass. So far the windshield has no sign of wiper streaking. It does have 225K of road rash (very tiny pits). The blades eventually start leaving tiny streaks across the windshield. Keeping the windshield super-clean helps. Whenever the windshield starts to get annoying (1-2x/year) I polish it with Bon Ami 1886 Original Formula (hard to find but will not scratch glass). That super cleaning helps lots!

2. peterflax04

peterflax04 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Aqua
    Model:
    N/A
    Do you think the Bosch 26A ICON Wiper Blade is a good choice for my 2013 prius?

3. Markdizle

Markdizle Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have the Bosch Icons and they work excellent. $14 and $22 on amazon, that both of the front wipers. 19” and 26”

4. peterflax04

peterflax04 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Aqua
    Model:
    N/A
    the site trustedbeasts.com recommends the Bosch 26A ICON Wiper Blade as their no.1 pick .. Do you think its a good option for my 2012 prius?

5. RichardWebber

RichardWebber New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Bosch 26A ICON is the go to wiper blade.