1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wireless charging for cars isn't as crazy as it might sound

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Rybold, Nov 27, 2010.

1. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Looks like the end-of-charge command took a few extra zero crossings to reach that third phase.

2. Rybold

Rybold globally warmed member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Thanks. I could see even a 2% loss, multiplied by the entire population, as being a very large quantity of energy.

Nice! :)

Interesting. I'm assuming this only exists in an ideal mathematical equation, as a zero gap would invite conduction.

Hahaha! I like it! :D
    (just be sure to put the garage door up ahead of time and let the gas fumes diffuse out (a difference in temp inside the garage and out should cause the outside air and inside air to trade places within a matter of minutes) IN FACT, I WOULD GUESS THAT THIS IS EXACTLY WHY NISSAN HAS DECIDED TO USE THE INDUCTION PADDLE ... just in case someone decides to park a gas guzzling Prius next to the Leaf and fills the garage up with gas fumes.

3. pEEf

pEEf Engineer - EV nut

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Nissan is using the J1772 standard just like the Volt and the PHEV Prius are. It's now an official SAE standard. The older GM EV-1 and the RAV4 EV used these inductive paddles at one time, as far as I know they have not been used in any recent models.

2 people like this.