1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wireless Charging phone holder

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by mister2cool, Sep 26, 2019.

1. mister2cool

mister2cool Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I just signed up after upgrading from a 06 to 20 Prime Limited. 2 days in and I am loving it. However, I can't figure out for the life of me what to do with my phone. I know it comes with a wireless charger but it renders my phone useless. I used to to use a wireless charging holder in the 06 and it was extremely convenient. With the vent configurations of the new one I can't seem to find a suitable place to mount one.
    What is everyone else doing with your phones? Entune app seem to be getting horrible reviews and I am very use to Android Auto. Would love to be able to make use of the phone still. Please help.

2. mister2cool

mister2cool Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Update.. this is what I ended up with.
    . The annoying thing is that the hook in the back of this one is nearly identical to the old one I have but the older one isn't long enough to go through the vent and I could only use it on either horizontal or vertical position. There are many other ones using very similar connection clamps so I can't tell you which one would work.

The hook is just barely long enough to hook around the back of the sorta vertical vent and I was able to adjust the angle for the hook so the bottom support feet can still sit level. Here is what it looks like installed. I only wish there are USB ports on the dash side so I didn't have to run the wire all the way to console.
    20191030_170624.jpg
    20191030_170632.jpg

Yazoo likes this.