1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

wireless micro utility light for upper glovebox

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by fintonissimo, Nov 17, 2009.

1. fintonissimo

fintonissimo Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I saw this light advertised online: ANTOnline.com - RiteLite LPL632 Rite Lite LPL632 Drawer Light
    It is an led light that is small and wireless (powered by watch batteries which are included), and operates via a magnetic switch. I got to thinking about how that might work well to install in the upper glovebox, which has no light. I just installed it, and it works great!

The magnet is very small (about .5" x .75" x .25")and probably not very strong. The micro light has to be less than an inch away from the magnet to work. However, I was wondering if there is any chance that the magnet would mess up any onboard computers, or the lcd display, etc. I have the magnet mounted in the center of the tray in the upper glovebox.

My question is this: Does anybody know if the magnet is close enough to anything to cause problems? Would it interfere with the smart key system?

Thanks in advance, Chuck

2. fintonissimo

fintonissimo Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I am pretty sure that the magnet would not be a problem, but I just want someone to confirm this for me. Anybody?