1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wiring diagram for AUX lighting?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Justdidit, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Justdidit

Justdidit LVNPZEV

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I hope there are a few on this forum that have done similar mods or know enough about the 12v in the Prii to help me with this.

I'm looking to wire in LEDs for DRLs. I'd prefer that the LEDs come on when the parking/corner lights are on but shut off when the headlights come on and turn back on when the headlights turn off.

I've seen the kit sold by WebElectricproducts.com for the turning the turn signals into DRLs

- I like the idea but I'd rather use a separate LED lighting system for the DRL. Any ideas? Or can I use this module and just not use the turning bulb?

2. Justdidit

Justdidit LVNPZEV

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I feel like 'KK6PD' has done something like this before but not sure...

KK6PD likes this.
  3. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi there, well yes I did.... How about 60 LED DRL and Turn Signal in one bulb! | PriusChat

2 years later, this mod is still working perfectly. In fact all the LED bulbs that were swapped for their incandescent OEM's are still working great! The only LED that developed trouble was one of the 1.5" X 1.5" dome lights, it started flickering, very annoying! So I got a new, even brighter one off of eBay, same size, less than $10 and Free shipping!

Another option you have is one that weidake did!
    Super Bright LED DRL installed! | PriusChat

This is a nice look. I was going to do this, but I wanted my DRL's mounted up high. Owners choice.
    If you need any thoughts and help, PM me again!