1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wiring diagrams for entire car

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by GoldPianoGarden, Jun 23, 2012.

1. GoldPianoGarden

GoldPianoGarden Bling Meister

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have frequently read where people need a wiring diagram for this, or a wiring diagram for that, whenever doing all the various modifications that we do to our cars. Members talk about having to go to the dealership and either paying for a printout of the specific segment they are needing, or paying for online access for a certain small period of time. I had run across this in my countless searching for the existence of these elusive things online, and wondered if this is the thing that people are referring to:
    TOYOTA PRIUS HYBRID 2009-2012 WORKSHOP SERVICE REPAIR MANUAL, WIRING DIAGRAM DVD | eBay
    eBay item 221041050367 .
    If so, and if it would be useful in the future, I would purchase the item....

2. GCPExit12

GCPExit12 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Looks l Ike the right item. Though personally I wouldnt mess with any component of the car that's so complex as to require a wiring diagram to figure out how it works. Why only 3 available? Can't the guy just burn more copies of the DVD?

3. Steve Type-4

Steve Type-4 Trading HP for MPG

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I've been looking for a Prius diagram/service manual myself, kind of like the service/repair manual from Helm, Inc. that you can get easily for Hondas and Acuras.

4. GoldPianoGarden

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    lol! The ones he's selling are probably burnt ones already, truth be known! lol

GCPExit12 and Steve Type-4 like this.
  5. GoldPianoGarden

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I also wondered if it would be the right thing that would help a person take apart certain pieces to get to specific parts on the car they were modifying. I'd probably never use this myself, but thot it might help out someone else......who could help me then! ;)

6. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Steve Type-4 likes this.
  7. GoldPianoGarden

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
  8. Rokeby

Rokeby Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
  9. Steve Type-4

Steve Type-4 Trading HP for MPG

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Truth be told! While the cars are pretty identical in almost every aspect, there are minor changes that could mean part incompatibility. Example is the front DRL/signal combination unit on the '12 vs the 10-11. Not sure if the fog light switch are different, but the '12 has the switch on the lighting stalk, just like the 07-08 Honda Fit Sport.

10. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    That was probably a typo/error on the listing I happened to post. The sticker on my CDROM did in fact have 2010 - 2011 on it. Very sharp of you to catch that though. (y)

11. GoldPianoGarden

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    So, the listing also says instantly downloadable, or something along those lines. Do you get a disc AND you can download it?

12. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I had an option to download it, or have a disc mailed to me. I chose to receive a disc. Either way, you can back up the files (pdf) to your computer, dropbox, etc.

GoldPianoGarden likes this.