1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wiring Harness for Towing a 2012 Prius v

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by Jay Zee, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Jay Zee

Jay Zee New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Does anyone know where I can get a wiring harness to connect to my motorcoach when I tow my 2012 Prius v on a dolly, so I can use my Prius' tail lights and turn signals?

2. anewhouse

anewhouse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Have you looked in your owner's manual? I vaguely remember seeing some details about towing the v. I think there was a warning about towing - maybe that you're NOT supposed to tow it backwards (with only the front wheels on the ground), or else the hybrid system could be damaged? Even if the manual doesn't list info about the wiring connections, definitely look it over to be sure you're towing correctly.
    If you don't find what you're looking for here, check at your local UHaul shop. They stock a wide variety of wiring harness and trailer accessories for general towing, so I'd bet they have info (or maybe specific parts) for towing a vehicle also.
    hope this helps,
    Andy

3. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I believe the OP stated the Prius would be towed on a dolly, so no wheels would be on the ground and no damage to the Prius. ;)

4. ve6oz

ve6oz New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I tow my Prius with a dolly and connect my dolly lights to my motorhome for turning and brake lights.