1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

With "Experts" like this

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Tempus, Oct 23, 2005.

1. 2Hybrids

2Hybrids New Member

yeah, don't sugar coat your feelings on this....

2. notsure

notsure New Member

wonder what handles that way? their life?

current transportation pictured, waiting for 1/1/2006 for prius

3. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Lauren J. Fix

http://www.expertclick.com/ProfilePage/def...6&Serial=19-159

Somehow, I just can’t imagine this chick being expert enough to do an “automotive†type valve job.

4. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

but she is "...Fresh and unique; entertaining and informative."

maybe she is fresh, but unique probaby in her retardation advancement

5. pennyprius

pennyprius New Member

Interior space likea Camry but better looking (plus the versatility of a hatchback) Safety features out the wazoo and it cost me 28k. To get all the features on the Camry that are on the Prius wouldn't it be more than 28k. So my question to Ms. Fixit is where is the cost premium?

Also, since when is the name of the car buying game to spend the least amount for transportation?

I bought a vehicle I liked the looks of and the features of. Oh and by the way it also gets great mileage. That is the answer to that!

I would guess that Toyota made the Prius much more post consumer waste friendly because one of their target customers would be environmentally friendly people. (tree#@$%^&*'s)

6. s3nfo

s3nfo Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Sent this today.

Dear Ms. Fix,

I’m sure you’ve already received several letters concerning the gross inaccuracies and comically divergent comparisons (Prius to a Kia Rio, get real) in that poorly researched article you wrote titled Hybrids cars – are they worth it, so I won’t bother belaboring the point. I would like to point out the similarities between a hard earned reputation as an honest journalist, which requires years of well written and well researched articles and the ancient Chinese proverb about virginity. Virginity is like a balloon, one prick and it’s gone forever……..

7. SpaceCadet

SpaceCadet New Member

Evan, you've hit my "Hot Button" on these articles. I think the "journalists" are re-directing the argument! They state a completely false argument, and we quibble about the numbers! The REAL argument is where they say there is a "Hybrid premium" at all!

Why is it expected that a 2 year-old Honda Civic Hybird will have the SAME resale price as a comparably equiped non-hybird civic? If you see 2 civics on the lot, exactly same equipment except one is a hybird, and the other is not, which one would you buy?

Why is it that a hybird power train is an "expensive option" that will have ZERO resale value when sold? Even leather seats have SOME additional resale value, and they don't help reduce operation cost of the vehicle by 25% or more!

Just my $0.02!

8. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Wow, well-worded, highly informed letters from everyone! Good job on those! And Lauren looks more like a real estate agent than an automotive expert, IMO. Galaxee can take her any day for sure. I can assist if needed. :)

9. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Tag team?

10. HAMMER55

HAMMER55 New Member

"I'm feeling much better now, Thank You !!

11. oly_57mpg

oly_57mpg New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I wonder if she is friends with Stephen Glass?

12. AndyTiedye

AndyTiedye New Member

Maybe they are trying to get their GM stock to climb back out of the toilet.