1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

With or Without Wheel Covers? High Res Comparo Photos

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by priusblogg, Nov 19, 2009.

1. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The point is the 15" alloy wheel with the plastic cover is the same design as the 17" wheel, aerodynamically speaking. Yes, removing the covers reveals a completely different design. Sounds like you're not happy with the 15" wheels with or without the covers so why don't you do yourself a favor and shell out some cash for the 17" OEMs or aftermarket rims? I would've done the same had I gotten one of the lower trims.

2. Airbalancer

Airbalancer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    He a is Scott, he is too thrifty to spend money on anything but ice cream ( at least that what my wife's grandfather did ) :D

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Ok there's some misunderstanding (maybe it's on my part) but those wheels look identical to the ones we have here (both 15" and 17" versions).

Yes I realise the no tax thing but my point was to illustrate that there is a difference between the two wheels as the 2g/100km diffference shows.

4. GreenClipper

GreenClipper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Re: PAPAMAU,
    Oh and BTW.....

Could anybody post a close-up photo of one of these 15" alloy wheels WITHOUT the plastic cover on as I have tried everywhere to find such a picture without success.[/QUOTE]

Ack Aye --- tried to post one of the photos I have of the wheels on my car, but they are too large, (1.2mb). I think we can only post about 78kb for a pic. So if you go to my "profile" you will find pics on there, (a link, to flickr), and you can see 15" alloys. Mine are "exposed", don't care what it does to FE. It just looks a lot better with them off! I tried to get a trim level V which comes w/17" alloys, and frankly it looks a lot better, but it appears most of them went to other PriusChat members, so I was happy to just get my IV, and get MOST of what I wanted. I didn't buy this car to spend thousands again to add "aftermarket" alloys. If I had that kind of money to throw around then there are other cars which Do look more trick, but to me 15mpg is what I define as UGLY anymore! :D Cheers Mate!

5. GreenClipper

GreenClipper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    LoL---- The brakes on mine work just fine too. And I've taken my covers off, SO: yah, yah, yah, yah!!!! All this sh$t is just getting too serious, WE DON'T CARE,,ALREADY!!!