1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Women only - shoe shopping.

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Godiva, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Those are fabric lengths draped on a form so you can see what it would look like. They make them to order although sometimes they have some pre-made ones. Just keep in mind when they say 44 bust it means the kameez' bust is 44. That means it would fit someone 40-42. You have to allow for ease.

I haven't had any problem laundering the cotton. I do wash the reds separately first just in case the dye runs. (I do that for anything bought in the U.S. too.) But they're using modern dyes now so that isn't a problem. I assume they are pre laundered as I haven't had any shrink. I just throw them in the washer and dryer. However I only buy cotton. Don't do that with silk. The cotton/wool blends and cotton/silk blends I wash in the washer on cold/gentle and hang dry.

She will make sleeve length whatever you request. The necklines are unique and different for each outfit. I trust her seamstresses to choose what is most attractive for the fabric. Sometimes necklines are pre-embroidered with a design which they follow. If you want churidar pants (tight) instead of salwar pants (baggy) she'll do that too.

2. Lola'05

Lola'05 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    OK, lets get back to shoes. I have small(6 1/2) fat feet...which the left foot suddenly sprung a boney protusion about 8 months ago. Summer has been fine because I can wear flip flops and sandals. But I am dreading Fall. I know I won't be able to wear my Clarks. Only one pair of Bjorn are comfortable. Yeah, yeah, I know I should see an Ortho or a Podriatrist...but I really don't want surgery. Just have to find shoes that fit. Not having any other significant problems.

3. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Sorry, but sudden boney protrusion interfering with shoes is go see the doctor to me.

If you resist, you can go with the widest possible shoes, which is a ww or a D-E.

You can try SAS but they are not sold online, only in stores and they're all over $100 a pair. They are the best, most comfortable, healthy shoes. I own quite a few pair as that is what my chiropractor suggested to help my back. And they did. And I'm so spoiled I can't wear any of my old shoes anymore. All of my shoes must have cushy padded soles and fit correctly now.

So....go see the doctor. Better now than later. And you know you'll eventually have to.

4. perryma

perryma New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hey ladies just another man joining in hoping your subject will change to lingerie. In the meantime, I will recommend tennis shoes made by Asics. I have feet like a shoebox and the Asics seem to be a bit wider and fit really well. Now, didn't someone make a comment about sheer verses lace?

5. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    How cushiony is the sole? I used to wear men's Propet because I could get them in a wider size. I bought the walking shoe with the velcro straps. They were hardly feminine but they fit. Now I have a pair of SAS almost identical (including the velcro straps) that fit even better and feel more comfy.

Men's athletic shoes are definately an alternative. But they look a bit out of place at a wedding.

Satin.

Happy?

6. PriuStorm

PriuStorm Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    For those looking for a more cushiony sole, may I recommend swapping out the standard shoe insert with an aftermarket athletic type. I use the cross-trainers by Spenco (recommended by a podiatrist) and have found an incredible difference in wearing them, especially when I used to be walking on the concrete factory floor all day long. They are terrific, too, if you know you'll be walking on city streets all day, like if doing the tourist thing. Wow. Not only do they save on the feet, but they help with achy joints (ankles, knee and hips) as well as save on the back.

7. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Thanks. I'll look into those. My chiropractor said one of the reasons my back is bad is from walking on concrete schoolroom floors for 30 years with bad shoes. After wearing the SAS for three years I can't wear my old shoes. They're just so awful. I can't believe I spent years walking around in them.

8. McDonald

McDonald New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    On Zappos.com you can definitely select wide sizes, and they have tons of different makes and styles.