1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Womens restroom Story

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by hycamguy07, Oct 21, 2007.

1. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius

I thought this was a rather humorous & informative answer to the question, of why it takes women longer in the rest room. :huh: :blink: ;)

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Good post. I've always wondered why.

Tom

3. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I've often wondered about the toilet seat phobia. As long as its dry, you won't get anything from it. "Skin" is much better protector than a sheet of annoying porous paper anyway.

Someone should tell women this. If they all just sat, with their skin touching the toilet seat, there would never be anything on the toilet seat. It might even be nicely warmed by the person before you. Women need to be educated. Having taken on this task before, I elect you guys to do the educating.

I have always thought it was that women are more social than men. Men instinctively know that Larry Craig was trying to arrange a tryst, because men not only don't tap other men's feet in restrooms, we never speak or make eye contact with any one else. There is business to be done, and we are in the zone.

I was waiting outside a restroom at Disneyland when my wife came out talking to a lady. "Hon, this is Cheryl," she explained, "and she went to Marina High School too. What's so funny is that she has two girls 8 years apart just like us, with one born at Hoag Memorial, and she had trouble conceiving because of endometriosus too. They even had the sperm count done before they figured out it was her! "

So I said, "Hi Cheryl, did you guys know each other at Marina High School?" and she answered, "No, we just met. Isn't it funny that we are so much alike?"

I was stunned for most of the day, wondering just how you get from the man method and the woman method of public restroom behavior in the same species.

4. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Same species? Are you sure?

5. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Pretty humorous :) If you ask me, if we could get just a few more women engineers (seriously, there's a HUGE lack of females in engineering), all their problems would be solved. A few women would get together and design a toilet paper dispenser thats never empty, a toilet that washes and drys the seat for you in 5 seconds or less, and a door latch that never breaks.

But all us men in engineering just don't really care all that much :lol:

6. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fshagan @ 2007 10 21 11:47) [snapback]528502[/snapback]</div>
    Same species, different mindset. Men tend to be more competitive, and women tend to be more cooperative.

7. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

So "THE STANCE" is why, when I follow a woman into the stall it appears like there was just a rain shower. Doesn't explain the footprints I have seen on the seat after a woman leaves the stall.

8. PriusRos

PriusRos A Fairly Senior Member - 2016 Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    On the first season of the TV show "American Inventor", one of the finalists was a woman who came up with a little restroom kit. It included a plastic thingie that clips onto the top of the gap between the door and partition, keeping the door shut and providing a hook for your handbag plus some other things like spare tissues and toilet seat cover.

It was a pretty good idea, but I was thinking, that's just one more thing I don't want to have to carry around in my handbag (see recent discussions regarding what's in women's purses).

Men also forget that women basically have to undress every time they need to urinate, then clean themselves and get dressed again. There are also some other things that women have to deal with during their childbearing years, which I won't go into here. They don't just stand there, unzip, whip it out, do their thing, shake off, and they're done.

9. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PriusRos @ Oct 22 2007, 12:29 PM) [snapback]528884[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, and to add insult to injury, they generally have to urinate more often - pretty much kills the intelligent design theory.

Tom

10. skruse

skruse Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    This brings up the point that restroom facilities are archaic. Equal consideration should be given to men and women. Following architectural handbooks, urinals are available for both males and females, thereby eliminating the "aching thighs, hover" problem. Consumer Reports has repeatedly shown the tissue toilet seat covers don't stop germs.

This said, most toilets around the world are a trough where you must squate. We are definitely spoiled.

11. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    A women's urinal? How would that even be used?! We can't aim like men can.

12. PriusRos

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    - Removed -
    duplicate post.

13. PriusRos

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Starbug @ Oct 22 2007, 02:37 PM) [snapback]528943[/snapback]</div>
    I remember having to use a women's urinal many years ago at an airport in the U.S. I don't remember where, exactly -- somewhere out west I think. It was dreadful. It looked like a narrow toilet bowl with an elongated front, which you were supposed to straddle . The problem is, the designers didn't take into consideration that most women (maybe not those of the Britney generation) wear panties under their clothing, some wear pantyhose, and many wear pants or Jeans. It's not easy to straddle something without completely removing these garments. And you still need to squat and hover – you can’t just stand there and do it without wetting yourself!

14. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MarinJohn @ Oct 22 2007, 09:00 AM) [snapback]528864[/snapback]</div>
    That's from "the hover". There is active debate among the fairer sex about the usefulness of "the stance" over "the hover".

15. RonH

RonH Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Penn & Teller addressed the issue of public restroom toilet seat sanitation on their show, "Bullshit!" Including swabs of Vegas showgirl butts before and after, thoroughly documented, of course, in the interest of science. Bottom line: the seats were more sanitary than the butts.

16. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I won't go into graphic detail here, and women may not accept this from a male of the species anyway, but it's entirely possible for a woman to urinate without wetting herself. Yes, actually, I have seen it done, and you can read all about it in "How to Sh!t in the Woods" by Kathleen Meyer. I'll warn you though, you might pee yourself laughing. :)

17. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Women can stand and pee, there is a funnel that has been patented and is being used by those in the know.

Shewee
    [​IMG]

18. PriusRos

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hyo silver @ Oct 22 2007, 11:10 PM) [snapback]529133[/snapback]</div>
    I would certainly hope so!! :p

19. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    The she wee was designed by an extreme feminist due to the fact that men can stand and pee why cant women? :rolleyes:

Think about it though, they would never have to sit again! :lol: :lol:

Here it is again, just for the women.... ;)