1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wondering between ford focus and Toyota Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Minkowsky, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Mike Rosenzweig

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    As for me, I found the Prius to be very comfortable. I do lots of long road trips with numerous different kinds of rentals, from mid-size, full size, vans, SUVs, etc. In mid may, I had an urgent 3,200 mile trip that came up and decided to rent a new 2013 Prius Two from Avis, and of all of my road trips over the years, the Prius was the most comfortable to drive. I was able to go 3 hours straight between stops (vs 1 - 2 hrs in other cars). The Prius had great handling, speed, fuel economy, and cargo carrying capability, that it ended up being my favorite rental. Two weeks after the road trip, my older car had issues, and I ended up buying a new 2013 Prius four w/ solar package, and I've already put 1000 miles onit...the car is fantastic and comfortable, and I'm icthing for another road trip.

2. michinnom

michinnom Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    with the exception of handling, which isn't saying much for a sub-compact used for daily commuting, nothing about the ford is better in any way. nothing. unless the ford is about $10k cheaper than the prius, it's not worth it.

3. FranklinS

FranklinS Ach crivens ye scunners!

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It's the "I'm an aggressive car" in the Mazda3 and Fords. "Look, see my BIG grill, I'm tough, or yes I am". This is just poser styling. Looks OK in a photo for a minute or two and then turns silly and looks like Steven Tyler after a bender.