1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Won't go into Ignition Mode (video)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by HeavyFooted3SGTE, Mar 12, 2014.

1. HeavyFooted3SGTE

HeavyFooted3SGTE Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    hmmm ok. what do you think about how they swapped it out?

Patrick Wong likes this.
  2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Carolyn of Luscious Garage has a very good idea to raise up the inverter to improve inverter pump access. That was not suggested in the Toyota repair instructions.

3. HeavyFooted3SGTE

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    So I got around to disconnecting the sensor on the IWP, put a new 15a fuse, started the car and................ IT WASN'T BLOWN! Better yet, i was able to put the car in gear and inch forward! It has to be the pump then, right?

Thank you Patrick! You already have 2,000+ likes and I can see why!

4. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yes, and you can also do a drive "around the block" to satisfy yourself that the powertrain is performing. The idea is to not drive too far, to avoid overheating the inverter.

Assuming no further issues materialize, then a replacement inverter coolant pump will take care of your car's problem.

HeavyFooted3SGTE likes this.
  5. HeavyFooted3SGTE

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Even better, when I called Toyota for the part, I gave them an old part number for the recalled pump. He noticed there was a recall on it and passed me over to service. Oddly enough, they said it was performed already during my ownership, BUT I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO THIS DEALERSHIP BEFORE! I bought it in 10/10 and the recall was said to be done 3 months later 01/11. My name, phone number nor address is in their system. I need to call back Monday and talk to a Mgr. that covers warranties. This is really odd. How could this happen if indeed my memory is correct and I didn't get it performed. Again, I have never been to this dealership before. I live in a large metro with several dealerships around and have only been to 2 of them, that are closer to me. If they agree to do the recall it, they will cover the towing cost (I have AAA) if it is indeed the pump that failed.

So for anyone that didn't get this recall performed yet, Toyota will cover this despite the notice saying it was effective until 11/30/13.