1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Won't start after replacing blower motor

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Jay2422, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Jay2422

Jay2422 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I replaced the blower motor assembly, and tested it before reinstalling it. The car started and it ran fine. After I reinstalled everything (the plastic covers, the glove box), I tried starting the car. The lights on the dashboard came on with the red caution light and ABS, flickered, then faded. All I have is a check engine light. The proximity sensor for the key still works, as does the lock/unlock function.

I tried starting a few more times and it either didn't start at all or something similar to the above happened. Does anyone have any advice or help?

2. Jay2422

Jay2422 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Ok as an update the car has fully lost power now. I suspect I shorted something out but I'm not sure

3. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Using a voltmeter, what does the 12v read at both the jump point under the hood, and again at the 12v battery in the rear?

Raytheeagle and jerrymildred like this.
  4. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    What @SFO said. ^^^

Sounds like what probably happened was you did this job with at least one door open like any normal person would. And that drained the 12V battery unless you disconnected it. Now it has just enough oomph to run some stuff but not everything.