1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wooo. Prius Video, I made This!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by TimeFor, Mar 3, 2005.

1. TimeFor

TimeFor New Member

Make Prius Video…. 30 minutes
    Rendering to wmv format… 5 minutes…
    Getting to post the Video on PriusChat.... Priceless.

Some things money can’t buy... For everything else, there's this video

[the video was taking too much bandwidth. I had to remove it]
    Sorry...

2. Widdletink

Widdletink Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE

Fantastic! You should be doing Toyota's ads. Your's is a d@#n sight better than what they are running.

I am guessing that you are or will be a filmmaker. Let me know if you ever need actors or crew.

Take care,

Tisza

3. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

That action hero dude . . .
    It looks like he is Seaside Pearl with Salsa Red undies, Tideland Pearl hair, and a Black belt.
    I would guess his teeth are white.
    He just needs some Millennium Silver and Driftwood Pear to round out the Prius color spectrum.

4. LisaMurray

LisaMurray New Member

Very cute! It always amazes me when I see things like this. Must have been a lot of work!

5. senectus

senectus New Member

Any chance of a link to download?

6. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

7. pkjohna

pkjohna Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hopefully the folks at Turner will appreciate this as an homage and not a copyright violation. Captain Planet Website

8. TimeFor

TimeFor New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LisaMurray\";p=\"69002)</div>
    Its wasn't any work at all. I was just playing around. I was just in Image Composer editing images around when I made the one I posted. Then I wondered what a flash version of something like that would look like and it turned into a video. I think I spent an hour total working on it. And it shows in the quality. :) O well, it's a Joke.

Unfortunately I can't keep the vid on my web sever. I don't have the kind of bandwidth to support streaming movies and I can't take away from my existing site.

If you saw it, cool. If not. O well. If I can find a place to upload it I might repost the link.

9. senectus

senectus New Member

from memory it's about 7 meg, I'd be happy to post it on my webspace..

10. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

Knowing that, I would have downloaded it too. Wouldn't be able to host it though, I don't leave my machines on.

11. mspencer

mspencer New Member

I can host it. I've got this cool low-priority web server on my DSL connection. (It's one of those $150/month business-class DSL lines, with static IPs and 640 kbit/sec of upstream :) ) I use the Linux Advanced Routing and Traffic Control project to establish priority classes for different kinds of traffic, so I have a 'regular' web server and a 'low priority' web server.

When things are really loaded down, lots of requests coming in, the low priority web server gets throttled down to 5 KB/sec, and everything else gets the rest of the connection, up to 60 KB/sec. If the normal web server is completely idle, the low priority server can use the full 65 KB/sec.

So clients end up seeing download speeds that can fluctuate wildly, going 60 KB/sec one minute and 2 KB/sec the next. It's not very good quality -- literally it's only using "throwaway" bandwidth that would be wasted otherwise. This should be used as a "mirror of last resort" -- still pursue other hosting options, but I think it's good to maintain this as a mirror also. Just warn downloaders that this one could be slow.

If the original poster wants an account, or wants me to host his video, send me a PM. :) (Or anybody else for that matter, who has things of interest to the Prius community that they don't have the bandwidth to host by themselves)

12. senectus

senectus New Member

13. priusspecs

priusspecs New Member

Different format please!!!!!!?????