1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Worst fuel economy ever!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Presto, May 20, 2007.

1. Presto

Presto Has his homepage set to PC

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I went on a big driving excursion yesterday through the Rockies in BC. The main destination was a 15km strip of lonely, windy road, north of Princeton, BC. By the time I got to Princeton, my fuel economy was 6.3L/100km (37MPG). After running the Prius through the 15km stretch 16 times, my overall economy for the trip dropped to 7.2L/100km (32MPG). I drove that 15km segment hard with every turn on the edge of, or just breaking, traction. I love VSC :).

Besides getting the lowest fuel economy I have ever seen in my Prius, I also pulled the SOC down to 23% with the car clawing it's way up a 9% mountain grade at 70mph for 12 minutes. The good news is the ICE was able to maintain 60+ mph all the way up despite 'turtling'.

I love this car. If I drove my last car like this, a 2K3 Nissan Spec-V, my MPG for this session would be worse than 20MPG, maybe even around 10MPG. Here's the CAN-View trip screen. I only turned off the vehicle once when I went to eat in a restaurant:

[​IMG]

2. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Boo Hoo! :p Poor little Presto suffers with better fuel efficiency than any other car! :D You should have had a long lunch and saved some gas...

3. Presto

Presto Has his homepage set to PC

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bill Merchant @ May 20 2007, 09:42 PM) [snapback]446448[/snapback]</div>

Oh I know... this is so cool! :D My Prius' worst economy is still way beyond the best that almost any vehicle achieve! Boooyeah!