1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Worth Buying Discounted TCare Plus (Flyer attached)

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by LevD, Oct 25, 2013.

1. LevD

LevD Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hey,
    Just brought my car in for 10,000 mile service and was given a flyer advertising adding 2 additional years (past the complimentary first 2) of Toyota Care Plus for $299. Just wondering if this is a good deal or not. Was told it was only available through the end of this year. Thoughts?

IMG_4953.jpg IMG_4954.jpg

2. adamace1

adamace1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    If you were going to pay for their extra service it may save you some money. But the car does not need that work. If you look in the owners manual you should only be paying about 70$ for oil changes and tire rotation every 10k, 5k for tire rotations. So they offer this deal to make a lot more money than they normally would.

3. jlim888

jlim888 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two

LevD,
    I received this same flyer too, it appears to be for Northern CA only. I recently brought my Prius in for the 25K service at Fremont Toyota. I ended up buying the $299 ToyotaCare Plus. Things of value to me are: 2 oil changes (30K and 40K) and 2 major services (30K and 45K) where they do a bunch of inspections such as ball joints, drive shaft boots, exhaust, radiator, steering, engine/inverter coolant, etc.

Yes, I probably could do it myself cheaper. But between my job and my family obligations, I really don't have time to DIY.

famoussd likes this.