1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Worth getting a Prius C as a second car

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by ManOnTheMoon, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Definitely want to check that out.
    It could be a sign that the front end has been damaged (wrecked). Let's hope not.

OTOH, if you are REALLY sensitive to things like that, it could just be the road crown causing it to drift right a bit.

2. ManOnTheMoon

ManOnTheMoon Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for letting me know. It's not terrible but enough for me to notice it.

I hope not. The car had a clean title, no accident reported on carfax. Car was sold by a BMW dealership. Ex-owner probably traded it in.

SAMSUNG-SM-G920A ?

3. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Is it safe to assume that you have checked the tire pressures and inspected the tires ??
    If not you should.

And if you are gauging this by the steering wheel not being perfectly "centered", that isn't a good measure of something being wrong.

4. Reno411

Reno411 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Idk, some people just lease cars or even buy them for a few years and want new again. The car is a good car. I have a 2013 prius C three and just hit 202,000 miles this morning. Yes, it has minor things that botter me like the rear windshield wiper not being centered or the usb outlet being kinda weak, or not having a button for the traction control to turn it on or off, but that's me being picky. In over 200k miles I changed the tires 3 times, oil and filter every 10k, air filters two or three times. That is it. Still haven't changed the breaks yet. Even the alignment was still perfect at my last 198k mile tire change.

5. ManOnTheMoon

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry it's been a while since my last login. Good point. I will check the tyre pressure at the next available occasion.

I drove it for about 280 miles last week. Everything is fine except that for the slight steering to the right.

SAMSUNG-SM-G920A ?

6. ManOnTheMoon

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I agree. I like the car. So far it's great. Hopefully I get as many miles as you one day.

SAMSUNG-SM-G920A ?

7. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Do you know what "road crown" is ??

8. ManOnTheMoon

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I am aware that roads are slightly 'bowed' in their cross section to aid water drainage.

However my observation comes from driving my previous car and my wife's car. I remember that when I lifted my hands off the steering wheel, the cars can keep within the lane for a reasonable amount of time.

With the prius, it doesn't pull to the right immediately but it's short enough to make it uncomfortable. So perhaps it's just the way the prius drives or maybe Tyres need to be rotated?

I am thinking to bring the car to Firestone to get an alignment. Not urgent.

SAMSUNG-SM-G920A ?

9. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    That sounds like an alignment issue. Mine does not do this.