1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Would a hybrid make sense for me??

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by des101, Jul 18, 2007.

1. des101

des101 New Member

The district has a retirement plan with somewhat high deductions already. I do save but more savings acct and sometimes money market.

I wouldnt' get a 2009 or 2008 most likely. I don't know about new car-- I think as suggested it kind of depends on how much I think I can pay for and so on. But I have definitely noticed the cars don't depreciate driving off the lots like regular cars. Nice if you have one but not as nice if you want one. :)
    Owning outright is very desirable but unlikely if I get a Prius. If I want to keep owning outright then I would either keep what I have or maybe buy a newer Toyota or Honda (conventional).

I have comprehensive insurance with a high deductable. Might even have things like a rental car thing (that's just for accidents).

When I bought the Corolla I got an overnight test drive thing. That was nice. I took it over to an independent repair guy who checked it out and declared it sound. That was really the only problem, since it was used.

Who has problems with the seats? I have never had problems with ANY car seats. I could see this being an issue with very short or tall people, maybe. I have also owned 10 cars and maybe rented or driven another 20. I didn't like the Rio, that was the most strongly I felt about any car I ever drove. I rode in the back seat of a rental Hyundai ??(subcompact). That was rather miserable.

--des