1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Would a Prolong Charger deal with this issue?...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by priusrecon, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Hybrid Battery Exchange

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Check your battery sensing computer and harness plug, is there any corrosion? Thoroughly check the sensing harness, I've seen cases where it would corrode to the point of separating.

2. priusrecon

priusrecon Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The harness is in great shape. Most likely it was corrosion on the buss bars. After a thorough cleaning, I then used cleaned terminal nuts off of the other donor battery as they still had that anti corrosion plating on them, and then torqued to the specified torque. Car is driving great now, real solid and steady SOC meter, lots of electraglide endurance. All my block voltages are in lockstep. It's been over 800 miles since the repair and still no triangle and no codes. Fingers crossed, I'm putting the trim panels back in tomorrow.

Hopefully this little experience will help someone else having a similar problem.

k1ngn0thing, jerrymildred and mjoo like this.