1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Would a weak Hybrid cell cause engine to run hard?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Hybridization, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Hybridization

Hybridization New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Business Edition
    Bought my Gen 2 Prius last month with the dreaded triangle light lit up (showing as block 11 faulty)

I still haven't got round to sorting it but have been using it for a few local journeys and once for a trip down to London.

Yesterday while driving I noticed the engine speed had increased and was felling very sluggish so pulled up switched off then on again and it was fine, after a short while it started doing the same so carefully got it home.

Could this be due to the hybrid battery not operating or have I got another problem with it?

Thank you

Meg&Bear likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    yes, is that th only trouble code?

how many miles on her?

Meg&Bear and SFO like this.
  3. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It is highly likely. The HV battery is an integral part of the hybrid drive and the drive doesn't work well when it is poorly.

PS, I noticed you have "Business edition" as your model, but pretty sure that marque wasn't introduced till much later. Gen 2 were T3, T4 and T Spirit.

Meg&Bear and SFO like this.