1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Would anyone like my Prius?

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by Bushkin, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Bushkin

Bushkin New Member

Vehicle:
    2000 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Since the failure of the traction battery I have had very little time to work on the car and as the tax has expired and my insurance will shortly run-out, I have run out of time to repair it.
    I will be listing the car on eBay as salvage in order to try and recoup some of the money I have spent, however I would also like to offer the car to members of this forum as it probably constitutes an easy fix for someone with the time to complete the work. The majority of the vehicle's components are in good condition and would so it would also be a useful source of spares for another vehicle.

All I would ask for is a contribution towards the full tank of fuel (which I put in immediately prior to the battery failure! Grr!) and that it becomes of more use to an enthusiast or another Prius than the crushed cube of mixed steel, which it will no doubt become if it does not sell on ebay! I am aware that most of this community is based in the US, but hopefully there are some UK users who will see this - feel free to spread the word to other forums or groups who you think would be interested!

The car is an X-reg (2000) and has just over 140k miles on the clock, along with full service history from Toyota main dealers, with the most recent service at 125k. I have a stack of receipts for work done to the car over it's life, including new set of alloy wheels only a couple of years ago and lots of work to the brakes (due to the efficiency of the re-gen braking no doubt!)

The bodywork is in fair condition - it was extremely good, but in the last year has been grazed whilst parked, mainly on the rear arches. The under-body is developing fairly healthy surface rust (nothing worthy of the attention of the MOT man though) and if I was keeping the car I was going to show this some love with a wire wheel and some waxoyl!

The car is still MOT'd until 1st December.

Let me know if you would like to know any more!

James

20150927_184416.jpg 20150927_184426.jpg 20150927_184436.jpg 20151002_213454.jpg 20151002_213533.jpg 20151002_213544.jpg

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The car looks great in the photos, I hope you can get at least GBP1,000 in an eBay sale. Good luck.

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    It's funny, over here, if you get dealership service and ask them to stamp/sign the maintenance booklet: they look at you askance. Thanks for the pictures, good luck with your sale.

4. Beachbummm

Beachbummm Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    we have no inspection in florida, cars drive around with miss matched bald tires, no rear doors or hood cut down to flat bed trucks..as long as the safety features like lights and horn work you are good to go.