1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Would You Buy A Prius Again? (Poll)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Tideland Prius, Jul 24, 2005.

?
  1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No, I will buy a different hybrid vehicle

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No, I will buy another non-hybrid vehicle

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Why not? Some people belong to PC who do not own a Prius yet and some never will. Being interested in something doesn't mean you are going to buy it.

I thought the poll needed a maybe answer. I like my prius and I think the HSD technology is just great. But, I'm undecided about buying another one, it depends on how responsive Toyota is to owner compaints. I think the car needs an improved driving position, better handling and tracking, and a few other improvements that are detailed here in different forums.

Also in 3 or 4 years when I get ready for another car some other company may make a better hybrid. I have no brand name loyalty, I'll go with whoever makes the best vehicle when I want to buy one.

I also took note of the fact that Toyota sent me a nice form asking a lot of questions about the dealer but not a single question about the car itself.

2. jrohland

jrohland Guest

These poll results jibe with the Consumer Reports survey where (I'm pulling this from memory as I don't have the mag in front of me) 97% of the Prius owners said they would by another. That was the highest percentage for any car.

That one statistic help me make up my mind to get the Prius.

If anyone has the Consumer Reports Annual Auto Issue, perhaps you could post the top 3 items from the owner rebuy table.

jrohland

3. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

4. Xen

Xen New Member

Yes, provided I could not affort the 'better' Hybrid car on the market at the time.

5. mbutterfield

mbutterfield New Member

Small hybrid pickup would be nice (no expectations of large loads or towing capacity). Might also consider a 'compact' SUV hybrid if it were similar to a Honda CRV or Subaru Forester.

6. pete bogumill

pete bogumill New Member

:D yes i would buy another prius. i;ve only had it for 6 months and just think its very nice to say pea on the oil companies and all of their excuses. :rolleyes: pete

7. Mirza

Mirza New Member

YES, and TEN TIMES OVER! As strange as it sounds, there's a relationship with the car... it's almost like a human relationship.

The first year is the most intense in terms of feelings... the lovebirds are totally crazy over each other (all the technowizardry for the Prius... and the whole New Prius syndrome). The hormones/emotions drop down afterwards... but a stronger, more lasting bond develops.

My Prius will soon have 40k miles on it, and it seems the more and more miles I put on it, the more I love the car. Now that I think of it, I don't think I could let it go when the '09 model comes out.

8. PriusRos

PriusRos A Fairly Senior Member - 2016 Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jrohland @ Nov 18 2005, 01:45 PM) [snapback]157606[/snapback]</div>
    CR puts the cars in various categories. Prius was in the Family Cars category and was tops at 95%. The next two in this category were Subaru Legacy GT and Volkswagan Pssat TDI, both at 82%.

Prius was tops for all categories, actually. Chevrolet Corvette in Sports Cars was 93%, and Infiniti M35/M45 in Luxury Cars was 93% (my last car was a 96 Infiniti I30 and I really liked it).

I didn't vote because I just got this car a month ago. I love it so far, but by the time I'm ready for another car, who knows what might be out there? Hopefully, it will be a while before I need another one.

9. keydiver

keydiver New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My response wasn't one of those listed:
    HELL, YES!
    :lol:

10. devprius

devprius /dev/geek

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I put down "No, I will buy another Hybrid vehicle". This for a couple of reasons. One is that I expect to have this car for at least 8 years and won't need to buy another. The other reason is that our other car is a Sienna minivan, and it's not practical to replace that vehicle with a smaller car like the Prius. We work the Renaissance Faires here in California and we need it for transporting large/long items we use at faire, as well as being able to give rides to our friends who otherwise wouldn't be able to get to faire (extra drivers are especially helpful when we are travelling some 450 miles from Northern California down to the Southern California Faire every weeked). I am hoping that when we are ready to retire the Sienna (in about 3 or 4 years), Toyota will have come out with a Sienna Hybrid.

If I had to do it all over again, I would still buy my Prius, no doubt about that. It's just that we don't need another Prius in the family right now.

11. captnslur

captnslur Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Yes, we would and yes, we did. We had an '04 and bought an '06 thanks to Mr. Bush's tax incentive. We love the '06 just as much aw we did the '04 and the new one plays mp3 discs.... cool. After 48,000 miles in the old one we love the new one even more.

12. bobrye

bobrye New Member

Absolutely!

13. dancekat59

dancekat59 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I'm unclear on the poll, "Would You Buy A Prius Again?"
    Is it: (if you had to redo your purchase), Would You Buy A Prius Again?
    Or is it: Would You Buy A(nother) Prius? (Again)
    Confused.

14. pete bogumill

pete bogumill New Member

hi there. when asked if i would buy my prius again? the answer would be YES. i like it a lot.if i was very rich i would buy everybody one that wanted one then all the oil companies would go into oil shock! and we would live happily ever after! B) se ya pete

15. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <_< Been trying to talk my S.O. into trading her '96 Camry (120K miles) in for an '06 Prius so we'd have TWO. My response was "YES" to buying another Prius. Our '04 Prius at 20,000 is running like a fine clock.

Thing is... we customarily drive our cars "'til the wheels fall off" (symbolically) and contribute them to a worthy charity and the '96 Camry is still going strong.

16. wstander

wstander New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Charles Suitt @ Jul 18 2006, 09:55 AM) [snapback]288207[/snapback]</div>
    Not to spend your money, but that '96 Camry that runs well is worth a lot to some charity as they can get to $$ on resale, right? That means you pull about 28% of the KBB value on your taxes as a deduction (at least that what I got for the 1998 Metro that I donated to the SD Zoo)

Tempting, ain't it :)

17. sergelbergeron

sergelbergeron Junior Member

We had a 2005 and I just ordered a second Prius 2008. I am selling my Lincoln LS for the Prius - pack 5. I just love this car.

18. johnford

johnford Old Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Unless they put a Hybrid set-up in the Miata. I would then keep my Prius, give it to the wife, put the bulldogs in the passenger seat of the Miata, put the top down and go cruising for Chicks..... jf :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

19. Presto

Presto Has his homepage set to PC

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I'll get another Prius. Of course, it will need a full line of suspension and chassis upgrades available, first :)

20. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    no.

i can't afford it. i couldn't afford it in the first place. if i didn't have it, i may be a lot happier in my life right now. instead, i'm broke with a high car payment.

if i could afford it, sure. i love my prius. hopefully i could afford a trd suspension too.