1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Would You Buy A Prius Again? (Poll)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Tideland Prius, Jul 24, 2005.

?
  1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No, I will buy a different hybrid vehicle

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No, I will buy another non-hybrid vehicle

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. morpheusx

morpheusx Professor Chaos

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(V8Cobrakid @ Oct 22 2007, 09:01 PM) [snapback]529072[/snapback]</div>
    That sucks, sometimes it is better to cut your losses and sell it to get rid of the payment. Buy a cheap 10 year old car and save some money. I sort of learned my lesson when I was 19 and bought my first car, but it wasn't the payment that was killing me, it was insurance. I hope everything works out.

2. rwhoyle

rwhoyle Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Definitely!!! My wife and I are currently discussing adding a second prii to the family !!!

3. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Maybe, but only if it's a Plug-in that has power seats and a moonroof. :)

Most likely we'll go for a hybrid/plug-in minivan next, since the kids aren't getting smaller.

4. blamy

blamy Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Love my Prius and when the wife gets tired of her Buick Rendevous (20/26) there will be a new Prius beside the older one!

5. paulccullen

paulccullen New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Like many others, I already did by another Prius, a second one for my wife.

Hopefully our Prii will last for many years to come, but if the need arose, I'd definitely get another Prius. Tho' I'm holding out for a PHEV version ;)

6. duanelaugh

duanelaugh New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tigerops @ Nov 18 2005, 12:43 PM) [snapback]157579[/snapback]</div>
    Some people just want to see that Senior Prius poster, don't you think?

7. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Not only yes, but F*** YES!:D

As we are downsizing/simplifying/whatever you call voluntary cutbacks in income, we aren't going to be replacing our other car too quickly, though DH wants a little truck (pssst: Toyota, how about a little hybrid truck? come on, you can do this)

8. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    we'll see at 250k miles. ;)

9. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    haha... so much for "leave your comments in the other thread"

good thing too cause the thread is lost.

10. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ 2007 10 23 20:35 PM) [snapback]529538[/snapback]</div>
    Exactly. At some point, a car is cheaper to replace than repair. But I've seen many labours of love where an apparent wreck is restored to good-as-new, so it's possible for a car to last a very long time. If you're not a stickler for authentic restoration with original parts, even a Prius could be made better than new.

11. sparkyAZ

sparkyAZ übergeek

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I'm holding out until Toyota makes a PHEV. Whether or not it's called a Prius, if it has a plug I'd buy it.

[attachmentid=12187] [attachmentid=12189]

Attached Files:

12. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm wondering if I can find a Prius wreck and an MR2 with engine/transmission problems and transplant a Prius drive train into an MR2? How good would that be? a mid rear engined hybrid sports car! Then maybe a plug in conversion! Zap Zip!

13. pyccku

pyccku Happy Prius Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Absolutely! I can't imagine driving a "normal" car again!

We hope to keep both of our vehicles (2007 Tacoma, paid off, 2007 Prius, will be paid off by the end of the year ***fingers crossed***!) for a good 10 years. By that time, I'm really hoping the Prius isn't the ONLY option available! But I would buy another one in a heartbeat if the options were similar to today.

I see that my husband and I aren't the only ones swayed by the CR numbers! We had been pondering the Prius but when we saw the numbers of people who would buy another Prius - we knew it was a great car. We haven't been disappointed.

I've figured out that since we bought the Prius in late May, we've saved about $450 in fuel costs - and that's a conservative estimate based upon gas being $2.50/gallon average and getting 46 mpg. In reality, we are now getting in the low 50 mpg range, and gas is now $2.73/gallon. Our Sienna was getting 20mpg on average, so we've cut our consumption in half. Plus, it's a just a fun car to drive.

14. fwellers

fwellers Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sparkyAZ @ Oct 24 2007, 12:56 AM) [snapback]529567[/snapback]</div>

I'm curious about that. Using the electricity from your house to charge your car battery has a cost to it. But I have no idea how that cost would compare to the cost of using gasoline to charge the battery.

15. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    When I posted a "YES" though, I'd qualify by saying, not if a freeway speed EV is available for under $40K

16. Trendy2

Trendy2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Absolutely. I'd love to have my own that I could actually pick all of the options on from the dealer (I bought a certified pre-owned '04 in May). It's such a great car. The wife and I carpool everyday but there are instances where either her or I have to work late or cover someone elses shift and those are the times I have to drive my '01 Dodge Intrepid piece of crap and I hate every minute of it. Hopefully in the next year or so when I finish paying that off then we can look at adding another Prius if it's in the budget.

17. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(patsparks @ Oct 24 2007, 12:33 AM) [snapback]529597[/snapback]</div>
    why bother? Just go pure EV!!!

Now *that* will be fast.. could give Tesla a run for its money :p

18. nerfer

nerfer A young senior member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fwellers @ Oct 24 2007, 09:12 AM) [snapback]529663[/snapback]</div>
    There's been threads on that subject too that you can search. It's definitely cheaper, perhaps half the cost, depends on the cost of electricity and what month you measure the price of gas. The only problem is batteries are heavier/bulkier than gas tanks, so the range is limited, o/w it's a no-brainer to go with EVs.

19. TheAnnoyingOne

TheAnnoyingOne New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Absolutely, positively, unquestionably YES.

p.s: Although I would be tempted to buy a Lexus LS hybrid if I could afford it :(

20. SSimon

SSimon Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    What my husband and I want:

A prius that has higher ground clearance and is 4 WD capable. We want to be able to take the car on road trips and go hiking/camping/backpacking. After our trip to AZ, we never would've been able to drive the Prius on those back roads to the trail heads and had the Prius come out unscathed. We're thinking of doing a road trip next and will have to rent a gas hog or drive the Prius to the destination and then rent the hog.

So far as the poll question, I answered yes. But I have to qualify that answer as if an EV comes out with the safety rating and mileage and speed capability that I need I would shun the Prius. :(