1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Would you buy a Prius again?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by dzitlow, Jul 24, 2005.

1. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I think I would again. Given the fact it spends 95% of its life in Winnipeg under 80 km/h is the perfect environment for it.

As far as problems, yeah I had the stall and the reflash cured it. First vehicle that actually quit on me.

Otherwise, over 25 years of driving and more vehicles than I care to count, it has been - overall - the most problem free.

Way way better than that 2000 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4 that cost more than the Prius. Not as pretty as the Sierra, but infinitely better overall.

What I would change, in order of priority:

1. WAY softer ride. As a general rule cars seem to have developed this "sporty" rock-hard buckboard ride quality and it stinks. Especially over frost-heaved pavement or washboardy gravel roads.

Offer a "sporty" version with firmer shocks and springs for the Enthusiast crowd. Offer a nice soft ride for us normal folks. C'mon, the Korean made Chevy Aveo rides better!

If anybody knows of a source for softer shocks or adjustable shocks, please let me know.

2. Better highway tracking. Still unsure if this problem only affects a handful of Prii or is something across the board. My parents have a 2003 LeSabre that tracks without effort on the highway.

3. More information on the MFD as submenus. Again, my parents '03 LeSabre allows you to scroll through the Driver Information Center to see oil pressure, motor temp, battery voltage, etc. It would only be a few more lines of code.