1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Would you buy this prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Sd61904, Sep 17, 2014.

1. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Would you buy this prius?
    No way.....No day.

$9K for a totaled out 8 year old car with close to 90,000 miles?
    You tell me.

It sounds like the seller wants you to notice the shiny baubles (backup cam/Navigation) and not so much notice the fact that a front-wheel drive car that was totaled from a front end collision might not be as dependable as $9,000.00 should be able to buy.

Would I buy it?
    Heck yeah!

Would I pay $9,000 for it?
    No freekin way!

KBB.com says that an 06 with 85,000 miles in good shape with Nav should fetch about $8,500.
    I don't know why an 8-year-old navigation system would be worth tinkering with, but there you go.
    I don't see how a seller can claim that a totaled car is in "good" condition, but there you have it.

Good Luck!

2. writes123

writes123 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah. The car that I bought was appraised by the previous seller's dealership for $4500 for a fully loaded except for leather 05 with a new HV battery. So wa-chiss essentially got it for dealer what the trade-in value was given to the previous owner. Unless they were lowballed even more than my car's previous owner.

3. wa-chiss

wa-chiss Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm probably shooting myself in the foot here for telling the secret. It belonged to an old lady who had passed away. The dealership bought it at the estate sale for dirt cheap and then sold it to me for $200 over cost (Which is below my actual discount of $500 over cost), but that's a differenty story I can't tell. That's it. I was looking for something more fuel efficient, I think I found it. 14.5mpg up to low-mid 40's.

4. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    As long as the lady didn't die in the car, it's worth driving :D

5. wa-chiss

wa-chiss Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Lol. My wife said it smelled like an old lady when I bought it. She says she still smells it but it's getting better. No, she didn't die in it anyhow.