1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Would you change dentist offices...

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by burritos, May 6, 2007.

1. oxnardprof

oxnardprof Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I would stay with the current Dentist, particularly if he/she is good or has a good reputation. The most importatn factor is the quality of the work performed (if needed) and the quality of preventive maintenance. The distance you mentioned is not really significant, considering you go twice a year.

If first selecting a Dentist, then distance is a significant consideration, but I do not think so for changing dentists.

Hair cuts - I prefer to be able to walk to the place, to me a hair cut is a hair cut.

2. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(oxnardprof @ May 7 2007, 05:03 PM) [snapback]437117[/snapback]</div>
    Well the first dentist I got was from the telephone book. I have no idea what his reputation is.

Did you get you prius at Ventura Toyota?

3. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

No way would I change dentists. It's the first dentist I've ever liked going to. Great staff, every one of them, and a view overlooking the Santa Anita race track. And it's a good 45 minutes drive. My doctor is even further (in the other direction) and I wouldn't change that either. But that's me.

4. catsbox

catsbox Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Trust is everything. My old dentist wanted to restore my mouth, one crown at a time. He was nice, caring. But I really started to wonder when insurance started denying the pre-authorization requests. So, I changed dentists. I did a lot of research, looked at what kind of training he had and checked him out at doctoroogle.com and with the state dental board. He turned out to be an outstanding dentist, diagnosed a disabling problem I had for years and did not know it. I would fly across the country to see him before I would change to another Dentist.

5. Loveit

Loveit New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(catsbox @ May 7 2007, 10:09 PM) [snapback]437282[/snapback]</div>
    So what was the problem with the insurance company? That makes no sense, unless they just didn't want to shell out the money. Heck, better to get it taken care of now rather than wait until years later when it can put your health at risk.