1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Would you change your pkg.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by B Rad, May 29, 2006.

1. berylrb

berylrb Member

I took all the toys offered in 2004 and if I were to buy again I'd do the same

I wish they had offered leather in 2004 and envy all y'all who got, we'll save up for aftermarket. backup camera sounds like a cool toy.

b

2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I have an '04 pkg #7 (AM) ("safety pkg" -- all the airbags plus VSC, also SKS and HID headlights). It is exactly the package I wanted and I have never wanted more or less than what it has, except that I have the EV switch, the CAN-View, and a Garmin StreetPilot 2720, which I like better than built-in NAV because it's right in my line of sight.

If the '09 is as rumored, I'll trade up, but I'll be wanting a similar package: all the safety features and nothing else. The StreetPilot will move to the new car.

3. NoVaSnow

NoVaSnow Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    My package #6 has everything I wanted. I couldn't care less about leather. I'm sure nav is a fun toy, but I have always had a great sense of direction and can easily live without it.

When I was first shopping, I thought I'd get a #3. When I saw everything I could get in the #6, I decided it was worth it.

I'll have a Bluetooth phone in July when I'm eligible for my next cell phone upgrade. Then I will be making full use of my Prius.

4. zzyzx

zzyzx Junior Member

I'm quite happy with my P5. I didn't want the navigation system but the other features are quite cool. I'll be buying a BT phone in the next couple months.

5. keydiver

keydiver New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I originally *ordered* a 2006 Package #4, but settled on a Package #3 instead, to avoid a longer wait. If I had the choice, yes, I would still rather have the Package #4, for the VSC. Other than that, I'm extremely pleased with the package I have. The new Infinity speakers solved any issues I had with the sound system.

6. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I am VERY happy with the package #8! :wub:

After much pondering over the packages available, it came down to either #7 or #8. I was seriously debating whether the leather addition was worth it, and after thinking it over and talking it over with a few friends, ultimately decided to go with the leather. Since we had plans to begin a family soon, I'd been advised by friends who had little ones that leather is much easier to clean up than cloth seats any day. I'd also never had leather seats before, and must admit they feel quite luxurious!!

I figured that if I was planning on keeping this car for 10+ years (however long it will last me without becoming a financial burden via repair work) that I might as well get the fully loaded Prius, otherwise I might not be completely satisfied with my choice a few months or years from now. As in, should have gotten the Navi, should have gotten the Bluetooth, etc. I use both every week. :)