1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Would you pay a premium for Prime GR over regular?

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Prashanta, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Prashanta

Prashanta Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Technology
    Image here: https://goo.gl/images/1dDGid

It's the performance-oriented model that'll be available in Japan as a 2018 model. I think it looks pretty snazzy. From my understanding, it comes with minor handling improvements but not much else. Would you pay extra for it? And if so, how much?

I really hope it comes to NA.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It's a tough choice for me.

I love the interior - the new sport seats with the white (silver?) ultrasuede inserts (I prefer that over Moonstone with black inserts... cause the white will get dirty), I like the silvery trim over the piano black (less fingerprints showing) and the ultrasuede-finished instrument cluster base panel instead of the standard hard plastic.

I also love the 18" rims (look like Scion tC wheels). However, I know AER is going to suffer with the 18" rims. 40km is low enough and as much as I like the rims, I don't want to get 30km in the summer and even lower in the winter. As it is, people are getting 40-55km in the summer and 30-40km in the winter with the 15" rims. (The stock 17" rims in Japan knock about 18% off the rated mileage so that'll equate to 33km on factory 17" rims officially rated).

If, by some miracle, Toyota ups the AER to 60 or 70km for the midlife update, then sign me up! The 18% or more hit will still cover my commute during the winter.

Prashanta and pilotgrrl like this.
  3. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    I don't know why you're asking "IF". If you want it and it's offered it WILL cost extra. ;)