1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Would you risk a vacation in Dubai?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by GrumpyCabbie, Jul 18, 2010.

1. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    And by driving a big SUV, a gas guzzler or just using more fuel than you need to, you're inadvertantly supporting the above repression?

So, if ever you're questioned by an 'anti' about your Prius you can point this out to them.

I'm just a humble taxi driver and I don't have a PHD or a Doctorate and am not particularly articulate, but I do have to question whether we'd have our troops in Iraq or Afghanistan if we all used more fuel efficient vehicles. If everyone in the US drove cars with the fuel economy of a Prius, would the US be self sufficient in oil?

Even if you weren't you'd be importing a heck of a lot less and wouldn't inadvertantly support certain repressive regimes.

I know there is an element of your population who believe that using fuel in their big V8 is 'American' and their freedom of choice (which it probably is), but wouldn't it be more patriotic not to waste this fuel which inadvertantly supports repressive Countries, many of whom don't have our (the Western World) best interests at heart.

Maybe I'm turning into an old hippie as I get older? :confused:

2 people like this.
  2. apriusfan

apriusfan New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    If I were to take a tour outside of the U.S., I think I would pass on the M.E. Where would I consider as a destination? Probably South Africa. Visiting Kruger National Park ( Kruger National Park | South Africa Safari and Lodging Guide ) strikes me as much more enjoyable than Dubai. I could also enjoy a beer in public in South Africa without fear of reprisal, so there is a further benefit.... And (in the bargain) Victoria Falls ( [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victoria_Falls]Victoria Falls - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame] ) is not too far away, either.

Yup, I think it would be South Africa over Dubai (even if the airfare were subsidized to Dubai).