1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Would you still buy a 2017 Prius Four that hit a deer?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by 2017Prius, May 4, 2022.

1. 2017Prius

2017Prius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I found a very sweet, one owner 2017 Prius Four with low mileage & a great maintenance history but had hit a deer. It comes with a Lifetime Powertrain warranty. Would you buy a Prius that's had this type of damage in the past?
    Thanks for your input.

2. Mambo Dave

Mambo Dave Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    L Eco
    Is the car totaled?

Is the car cheap enough?

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    nope. i had a prius that was hit by a deer and completely repaired by a toyota dealer.

it ate tires, and could not be repaired.

'lifetime power train warranty' is a joke

MalachyNG likes this.
  4. MalachyNG

MalachyNG Active Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Really depends on the damage and what had to be repaired. Hitting a deer could be anything from a small dent to being totaled. Was the car declared totaled by an insurance company? You don't want to have a car with a branded/salvage title. You may lose the manufacturer warranty. They may even refuse to do recalls on your salvage car. An extended warranty from some used dealer may not be very useful either. Even if it wasn't totaled you don't know how well the repairs were done. I had an accident that wasn't totaled but afterwards the alignment was too far off they couldn't get it back into spec ever again. So it chewed through tires.

5. 2017Prius

2017Prius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    No, it was just the passenger door. Omg...it wasn't a salvage title. I ended up buying it and it was the best car I've ever owned! Priuses are great cars. Thanks for your replies though.