1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wow, Wow, Wow, Bush!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by HYACK, Jun 15, 2005.

1. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    We couldn't even pass a state bill a few weeks ago that added a 10-cent tax to gas pay for the rapidly deteriorating roads around here. And funding for new road projects is pretty much impossible.

Expecting this administration, that encouraged consumption as a way to boost the economy after 9/11 and claimed new technology would cause job loss during the campaigns last year, to suddenly do a complete reversal is basically hopeless.

Heck, we can't even get people to stop speeding, which is a very simple way to improve MPG.

2. Emilyjohn

Emilyjohn New Member

Sorry, John1701a, I'll take Bush and 4 more years of tax cuts and dead terrorists, period.

3. Hybrid_Dave

Hybrid_Dave New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Emilyjohn\";p=\"99915)</div>
    As an American, you're entitled to like Bush, that's what's great about our country. But please, don't speak so soon for him...there's a difference between terrorists and insurgants.

4. HYACK

HYACK New Member

Hi folks,

As the initiator of this Thread and as an 'American in this great country' ;) I will request that any continuing conversations here stick as close to my original theme as possible: i.e. Bush's apparent major Policy shift (at least according to one recent speech) regarding Hybrids and their primary role for our immediate energy security.

All other off-beat convos could therefor be taken to PM or on a new Topic thread?

Merci!

Hey, p.s. In answering the US President's call, hehe, I'm picking up my new Prius this Thursday or Friday from Toyota after mod installs~

5. Hybrid_Dave

Hybrid_Dave New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HYACK\";p=\"99942)</div>
    So let it be written, so let it be done...you're right...I hate talking about the "other Bush stuff' anyways :p Congrats on getting your Prius this week...I'm picking mine up the day after tomorrow...looks like it will be a good week for both of us :D

6. prius04

prius04 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Emilyjohn\";p=\"99915)</div>
    Before we go back to loving GW because he mentioned hybrids in a speech I must correct this misstatement.

GW did not cut taxes. Massive deficits need to get paid someday. GW simply moved those taxes to the future. And all those programs that the federal gov won't fund, but the people still need, the burden has simply shifted to the states.

Thus, GW is NOT a tax cutter. GW is a tax shifter. Shifting them to the middle class, and to the future middle class.

And as for dead terrorists, reality based people see how there has been a screaming increase in hatred of Americans throughout the world, and especially in the middle east. And there has been a screaming increase in the numbers of fanatical islamists. So I think the evidence is pretty overwhelming that GW has created way more terrorists than he has gotten rid of.

So, 3 cheers for Bush because he has made us screamingly less safe, less fiscally secure, and mentioned hybrids in a speech.

7. Hybrid_Dave

Hybrid_Dave New Member

Hey, don't forget Tom Ridge had a big part in making us screamingly unsafe as well. Don't want to leave anyone out and hurt their feelings....and keeping it on topic, I don't think Tom Ridge had anything to do with Bush's speech the other day :) ;)

Dave

8. Eisenson

Eisenson New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I think psychology works as well as money (like a title instead of a raise).

If Bush's administration would somehow implement that hybrid-in-the-HOV-lane legislation, that might be as powerful a motivator as a tax break.

9. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

Why is this under Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting anyway? None of the topics and off-topics fit!