1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Write Congress about Hybrid Noisemakers

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by sugar land dave, Apr 17, 2008.

1. sugar land dave

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    In case anyone wants to send their representative in Congress a note with your opinions of auto noisemakers for hybrids:

Congress.org Home

On the top left of the page you can enter your zipcode to located your representatives.
    :behindsofa:

2. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    You could insist that the blind get hearing aids that amplifies sound by a factor of 3, roughly 5 dB. With higher audio acuity, they will hear not only the hybrids but also the ordinary cars that already are putting them at risk.

Bob Wilson

3. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    :target: HOW STUPID CAN THEY GET???????????? Doesn't anything REAL matter any more?

4. xsmatt81

xsmatt81 non-AARP Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    who do they expect to pay for this addon device? I wont that's for sure. If the law say's we must someday, well the dealer or toyota better do it for free

5. chogan2

chogan2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    I'll post here what I posted in the "open letter to the blind" thread. Based on the US FARS data, there were six blind pedestrian vehicle-related deaths in 2006, and none of them involved hybrids.

6. Wots

Wots Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    This is a left over April Fools Daze prank right?

:crazy::crazy::crazy:

7. sugar land dave

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Please click on the link and tell your representatives that. We need to talk to them. The other side certainly is. Bad laws happen when no one resists.

8. Austin50mpg

Austin50mpg Prius Driving Right Winger

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    If future Prius have some noise maker how long will it take someone on PC to provide a mod to disable the noise maker?

A. Within one day

B. Within one week

C. Within one month

D. Eventually

9. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    That's just a link to the congress website... Can you provide pertinent information, like what pending legislation to reference, and possibly quote the relevant passages here so people don't go off half-cocked?

I've seen the stories posted too, but still haven't seen specific legislation mentioned (admittedly I haven't looked too hard for it), and that makes it hard to complain to my legislators.

Also, when mentioning stats like how many blind people were hit by cars, can you provide sources? If we're calling for (semi) organized action, it would help for us to seem like an informed group of people, not just a bunch of nutjob hippies who hate the blind. :)