1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wrong things the dealer told you before you bought your Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by zijlstra, Apr 29, 2007.

1. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    don- what kind of wheels did yours come with?

2. That_Prius_Car

That_Prius_Car Austin Kinser

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I was told that the car could only go 20mph in electric mode and that B on the shifter meant battery mode. There's a lot more where that came from, I just can't dumb myself down and remember. :D

3. That_Prius_Car

That_Prius_Car Austin Kinser

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I've been told that it has a smooth shifting automatic.
    I've also been told that hybrid don't make sense if you drive in the hills or on the freeway.

4. Jim E.

Jim E. Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The main battery vent in the right rear seat of my Gen3 is really a "...convenient defroster for the rear window..." [furtive glance to the other side of the seat] "...yep, the right rear window..."

That guy's motto was if you don't know it, just wing it. I also thought I smelled booze oozing through the pores of his florid pale skin. I couldn't be certain it was alcohol -- perhaps just diabetic ketone acidosis? -- but his eyes sure were bloodshot. This made me feel queasy, so I went away & bought my car somewhere else for $2000 less than what he quoted. Competition is a beautiful thing.

5. mikewithaprius

mikewithaprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If you put it in B mode for just two minutes, the battery will be fully charged!

6. don_chuwish

don_chuwish Well Seasoned Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Nothing special, not sure why they even bothered. I'm sure these are heavier and more draggy than stock:

[​IMG]

And they stayed with 15" - great for tire prices but doesn't do much for the look. So why change them at all?

- D

7. Seven138

Seven138 Member, Jr.

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I know this is an older thread but I thought I would chime in (playing catch up). I owned a 2003 Prius for a few years and used to hang out at PriusOnline.com a bit back then. I just purchased a very well kept 2006 Prius with low mileage last week. I was already familiar with the Prius when I was test driving them... The salesman at the dealership, where I bought the one I decided on, kept thinking the car was stalling when we would come to a stop on the test drive. She was going to have her "guys" check it out when we got back to the lot so nobody gets stuck out somewhere the next time someone test drives it. I was snickering internally but would have informed her on the spot if I didn't plan on buying the car at that point. I eventually did once we were back and going over numbers. :)

garyoke likes this.
  8. Dolce_Vita

Dolce_Vita Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I wasn't really told too much crap really, although the salesman did say that the electric motors could pull the car up a hill better than a Landcruiser. I don't think the dealer knew too much about the Prius (although at that point in time i didn't either) so we were equal...

9. J5A

J5A Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    My beef was actually with the Prius Brochure/Booklet; It said EV Mode works up to 25mph...when as we all know it's really only 10mph. :mad:

ETA: Oops, sorry!! Didn't notice this was a Gen II thread before posting.

10. ICUL8RG8R

ICUL8RG8R New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    When we were looking/researching, told the Toyota dealership salesman we were interested in a Toyota Prius - he asked us if we wanted the hybrid version.