1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wrong v5 delivered... Ugh!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by LEGO9V, May 11, 2012.

1. dstrauss

dstrauss 2018 Honda Clarity PHEV Touring

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    Touring
    Agree with "wait for the car you want" but as a very happy Prius v owner, I think the size and comfort far outweigh the lost mileage. I own a 2009 Prius, and my wife traded in her Veracruz for a Clear Sky Metallic Prius v - still like my original, but the Prius v has more leg and hip room, more comfortable ride, and tons more space for back seat passengers and cargo. Yes, we lose 8 mpg over mine, but well worth it for us.
    :thumb:

2. pntballfreak

pntballfreak Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    It is an available option here in So Cal, but VERY limited. I have a friend who decided on Super White over the Gray Metallic once he saw it. He didn't like the Pearl and thought that was the only white color available. Also, he didn't have to pay that color premium for the Super White.

3. Wanderer

Wanderer Hybrid neophyte

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I'm always willing to compromise to a point. I wanted a v5 w/o ATP in magnetic gray. Blue ribbon was my second choice since v here aren't often seen on the lot. We ended up with a magnetic gray v3 and a blue ribbon v5. I'd suggest sticking to your choice(s) and if they go out of state ask them to ship the car vs drive it. Our v3 had over 300 miles because they drove it in vs ship. I was irritated.
    W

4. dfine1966

dfine1966 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Where in CT are you. I know there is at the Middletown CT Toyota a Blizzard V 5 with AtP. Maybe your dealership can call and trade out. I looked it up on cars. com Your dealer could call or you can call if you want. I ordered for my wife at Toyota of Wallingford a new 2012 Red Prius V 5 with ATP with Bisques interior. I already have a 2007 Prius, and now my wife is changing from a Sienna to a Prius V because of the mileage difference. She already test drove one, and loved it. This will be my 7 Toyota from Toyota of Wallingford.

5. jhinsc

jhinsc Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Take the extra $1,000 dealer offered on the white V they ordered by mistake, unless you're planning on keeping your V for 8-10 years. But trading a 2010 in on a 2012, doesn't look like you keep your cars very long.

6. David Prius V

David Prius V Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Paying less money, 20% better performance, necessary power seats, better options like solar roof . The size difference is minimal. Since the reason for buying any Prius is fuel savings 20% more savings for 20% less cost, makes a lot of sense.

Wow. A lot can be read between the lines in this post...

7. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I have had super white color wagons in and out of here since the v's first came out. The super white's been available on the II and III but it is NOT available on the package 5.

8. DianneWhitmire

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I'm sorry -- but you're wrong! LOL!
    It's OK - it's my job to TRY and know everything even though it's kinda impossible.. but I have you guys and gals to learn from on so many things... technical and experience with your cars too.
    On this matter, the colors are all available on all models except the package 5 in the v won't have a plain white color... only the pearl whte. The packages 2 and 3 will have the plain white option.

9. LEGO9V

LEGO9V New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    OK Dianne... want to buy a "Limited Edition" V5 w/ATP in Super White / Dark Gray?

I know where one is right now and no it's not Blizzard Pearl it's Super White!

Maybe I should just buy it... at over $2500 off MSRP maybe it will retain its' value just because of the "Super White" :D

1 person likes this.
  10. DianneWhitmire

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    There's one in Stamford, CT and it's the only one in the entire country. I wonder if they made some changes to east coast region build. Never say never!

11. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    If the dealer really has no problem honoring your trade at some future unspecified date then you shouldn't have a problem getting it in writing.

It's not going to happen at a fair value because you can't warrant the condition & mileage of your vehicle on that date and they aren't about to get stuck overpaying for used inventory.

A Prius on the lot is worth two on the boat. For most of its existence Prius were sold "take it or the next person will" so many owners didn't get the preferred option package and/or color. Top of the line models are not a large percentage of the production run. BP probably isn't the most popular color either.

If your option package is 10% of the MY build & your color is ordered 10% of the time uniformly across all packages then 1% of all the cars built in the MY are "your car". That's an awful lot of cars to look through & how far do you want to go to find one?

I agree, if the color is completely unacceptable then don't buy the car. Maybe Toyota will build another & ship it to your Region. If the color is "ok" then take the opportunity to get the dealer down as far as you can. It sounds like they are trying to close the deal. Give them a chance.

12. Chazz8

Chazz8 Gadget Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    When I go to toyota.com and build my own Prius v (after indicating my location in central New York), I get the Super White as a color option with trim 5 or 3 versions (not 2).

When I give it area code 90745 to build my toyota, it does not give me Super White for any trim level of the prius v (wagon).

Try it in your area and see what you get. Perhaps they are in the process of adding this color option region by region.

13. Quentin

Quentin Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Dealers around here are only offering sticker for any v5 w/ ATP. I'd take $2500 off and Super White instead of my identically ordered BP ATP in a heartbeat. That's a lot of cash.

14. Erikon

Erikon Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The only one?!? Quick, grab it before the dealer finds out and charges $4k more for this rare beauty!

15. samyul

samyul Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    You clearly have some issues. Instead of spending your time on the Prius v forum to talk people out of buying the vehicle, why don't you just try to sell your outdated vehicle and put the money towards your own v?

16. Andrewlcox

Andrewlcox Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I was offered $500 off my v 5 w/ ATP and was told if I didn't buy it they could sell it for sticker in a day or two. I bought it for $500 off sticker but would maybe drive any color for $2500 off, not really but that's a lot of cash.

17. ProximalSuns

ProximalSuns Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    If a person needs the 12 additional cubic feet, of course. But if not the higher cost, lower mileage and uncomfortable seats might argue for the Prius.

RAV is 73 cu ft vs Prius V 32 vs Prius 21 so if they need a RAV the Prius V is a lot smaller.

18. LEGO9V

LEGO9V New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Not sure where you are getting your info but the RAV has 73 / 37 cu ft vs Prius V 67.3 / 34.3 cu ft... almost the same!

19. Quentin

Quentin Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Actually, the numbers are such:

Vehicle : cargo vol cu ft : int vol cu ft
    Prius : 21.6 : 93.7
    Prius v : 34.3 : 97.2
    Rav4 : 36.4 : 108.2

Those are right off Toyota's side-by-side comparison site.

1 person likes this.
  20. LEGO9V

LEGO9V New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Yeah... my specs were based on actual "cargo" not passenger. The numbers represent second row seats down vs. up.