1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

WTB 2010 - 2015 Prius white w/sunroof

Discussion in 'Prius Cars For Sale' started by Michaelc7a, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Michaelc7a

Michaelc7a Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Some jerk stole and, subsequently, smooshed a Ford Explorer up the rear end of my mom's parked 2010 Prius. ezgif.com-crop (1).gif

The Prius was perfect for her - Blizzard Pearl, moonroof, almost all options, power seats from a Lexus 200h, no dents, one owner, dealership-maintained... Grrr....

We would like to get something similar, possibly even the exact same (my understanding is there's little difference between 2010 through 2015 models). Insurance likely won't cover the full value so, while cost is a concern, it isn't the primary motivator. What is important to us is the white color and the solar moonroof because it gets hot and sunny here. Plus, if we find a replacement Prius that has messed up doors, we can use ours as a parts car.

Please message if you have any suggestions. It seems white + moonroof is pretty rare.

Thanks,

Michael

2. RMB

RMB Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Sorry for the loss, I hope no one is hurt in this incident.

Have you tried Carmax, Autotrader etc website? The Bay Area (indicated location Hayward) should have plenty of samples for you to choose from, basically a Prius Paradise LOL.

Good luck with your search!(y)

Raytheeagle likes this.
  3. Michaelc7a

Michaelc7a Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    We tried all of those but finding a low mileage Blizzard Pearl with moonroof is pretty rare, it seems. Our insurance has finally agreed with us that it was a type 4 so their proposed payout increased by $4k. Up to then, they were insisting on using comps for a poor condition, much higher mileage, blah colors, type 2 (which they explained can't even have a solar roof option so they "couldn't add the sunroof to the value since it must be aftermarket"...). So frustrating...

Anyway, I just thought that maybe someone with something similar was thinking of upgrading to a Prime (which can't have a sunroof, evidently)...

As for someone getting hurt, we have zero information. The police told us to stay down until the thief was locked in their cruiser. We've yet to even see a police report (it's been weeks) so we're still in the dark about whether he/she was injured. I'm assuming that, if they had been seriously injured, an ambulance would have been called, tho.

#3 Michaelc7a, Sep 3, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  4. Michaelc7a

Michaelc7a Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    So this happened 8/13/18 and yet, just today, 9/24/18, we finally get the police report (took that long to generate it, evidently). The primary collision factor is listed as 23152(F) (i.e. drugs and alcohol)...According to the report, he suffered only minor injuries.

5. Michaelc7a

Michaelc7a Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    FYI - thanks for all your emails. We found a great Prius that cost just a little more than what our insurance paid us.

RMB, bisco and Raytheeagle like this.
  6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats, all the best!(y)

7. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    +1

You can edit the title with "SOLD!" to avoid getting people's hopes up!
    ;)

Congrats!

8. Michaelc7a

Michaelc7a Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks so much! That makes perfect sense now...

9. Michaelc7a

Michaelc7a Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    How do you edit the title?