1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

WTB - Gen 2 - NY/NJ/CT/PA Area

Discussion in 'Prius Cars For Sale' started by Hybrid Hobo, Oct 14, 2021.

1. Hybrid Hobo

Hybrid Hobo Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi! I'm seeking a good condition Gen 2 that I'm going to use for full-time car camping. Should be located within the NY/NJ/CT/PA areas. If you're a little bit further away I'll consider it for the right car or a great deal.

When I say that I'm seeking "good condition", I'm moreso talking about the inner workings of the vehicle, not the exterior. Not expecting to find mint condition, closet queen cars that are 12+ years old. So if your Prius has any check engine lights on, needs major repairs, or anything like such, I wouldn't be interested. As for the body, because we're talking an older car, I'm fine with the usual small dents, dings & scratches, but I won't consider any vehicle that was previously in an accident...even minor.

*Not interested in anything with over 170,000 miles.

I'd prefer a one-owner car, but I obviously can't be too picky about this one. Bottom line, I'm looking for a decent ride that can potentially last me 3 or 4 years mostly trouble free until I move on up to a regular RV.

I would strongly prefer to deal with a regular, longtime member of this site, so I can be assured of the seller's integrity.

If you've been thinking about selling your Prius, and want it to go to an appreciative new buyer, who will care for it well, do get in touch with me. My budget is a firm $4,500-$5,000.

P.S. - Absolutely no dealers, private sellers only!

Thanks,
    Joe

#1 Hybrid Hobo, Oct 14, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
  2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hiya Hybrid Hobo... I'm on west coast so can't help, but let me know if you have any questions once you find one... My best tip is to remove the center console / armrest between the two front seats and replace it with a pillow. That way when you pull over and pop in place all your window covers you can move the front seats all the way forward, remove headrests and recline front seats flush with the back seat then add lots pillows so you can lay down flat without losing your storage space in the back.

3. Hybrid Hobo

Hybrid Hobo Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks, PC! So, are you saying that both front seats in Gen 2's CAN'T fold flat unless the center console is removed? If so, thanks for the tip, as I did not know that!

P.S. - I definitely might need to pick your brain, do you have a YT? channel?