1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

WTB PIP 2012 or 2013 Advanced. Thank you!

Discussion in 'Prius Cars For Sale' started by Beshara1111, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Beshara1111

Beshara1111 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    WTB Prius plug-in 2012 or 2013 Advanced. Preferably near Atlanta, if any made it near here...Almost ALL the used Prii I see labeled as "Advanced" on the internet aren't, because non-Toyota dealers don't know what they are. Thank you!

samkhozin and Bluegrassman like this.
  2. samkhozin

samkhozin Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I just got one of these in October while on a project in Maryland. Good news is that the lack of knowledge can be of benefit to you. Some advanced models will also be listed as basic trim. Then you're gaming the dealer. Took me about a month to find my gem.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

3. samkhozin

samkhozin Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Oh, and mine was a certified preowned vehicle from a Toyota dealership. Turns out they don't know their cars either

bisco likes this.
  4. Beshara1111

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    How did you FIND your car? Auto.com? Car Guru? Did you bargain? Seems like plug-in prices of all kinds are going down with glut of 3-year-lease EV's coming into market, and much better specs on Prius Prine, Volt, and Bolt.....We have REALLY cheap used Leafs here, (since GA had a $3500 state EV rebate passed on to lease holders) and decent infrastructure, but not enough for no range anxiety) SO few listings for PIP's....have not bothered to check base to see if they are actually advanced, though suspected as much, that they COULD be....Will check NOW....THANKS

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    have you tried todd at tampa prius?

6. samkhozin

samkhozin Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I got mine from combing cars.com, cargurus, you name it, I looked at it. I combed them for a month. After looking at hundreds of car ads, I started noticing slight differences between the base and advanced. It was then easy to see exactly what trim it is by seeing the first or second photo. After realizing that these sellers are not doing their dd (due diligence) properly, I would call a dealer as soon as i saw them post a new ad, which was without pics. That gave me the opportunity to ask them to text me a few pics, giving me substantial lead time

7. samkhozin

samkhozin Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I could tell from the pics or videos they sent if it was an advanced. The one I got was listed for 14k I negotiated down to 12.7k. Because it was cpo it came with completely new tires, etc

8. samkhozin

samkhozin Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
  9. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    in credible.

10. Beshara1111

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Todd at Tampa Prius seems expensive, unless he bargains...

11. Beshara1111

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    54k on odometer, 1 owner THAT'S the deal I want....

I've found a few Advanced trims that aren't listed as Advanced, but many more BASE models listed as Advanced, the MAJORITY of them...With more and more plug-ins coming off their 3-year-leases, gas prices cheap, the new Prius Prime Plug-in getting twice as much range and 25% better mpg than the first generation plug-ins, PLUS a $2500 Federal Tax credit, and a $10,000 cheaper list price than the original Advanced plug in was new, the Bolt becoming more available with a Tesla range and Volt price and full EV tax credit....It seems almost all the used PIP's are OVER-PRICED, and many of them have been on Car Guru over 100 days, even at $1,000 or $2,000 below KBB or Edmunds prices...LEAFS are such a glut they are practically giving them away...

It's been shown that dealers give better prices to MEN....perhaps you could bargain for me on the phone for the ones I've found? ;-) Since I am but a mere woman... (Women tend to do more research than men, and to know exactly what they want in advance, no impulse buying)

12. Neohippy

Neohippy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    His prices are the best I have seen in Florida. I have never heard anyone thinking he was priced higher to be honest

13. Beshara1111

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    with the Prius Prime coming out and folks trading in their old plug-ins for it, as the Prime SLOWLY becomes available, there should be a downward pressure on PIP prices, as there already are on Volts and Leafs because of all the 3-year leases coming off lease...He's a couple of thousand dollars more expensive than the ones I've been finding...so far...and folks are quickly dropping their prices on PIP when asked...His prices are higher than CPO's ....

14. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i don't understand. if you are finding good prices, why are you even worrying about what todd charges?

15. Neohippy

Neohippy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I have bought many certified cars and worked at a dealership. That being said let me tell you about what Tampa hybrid does to every car he sells. He balances the battery, new airfilter, new incabin air filter, clean oil and transmission fluid change. He basically goes through the entire car. I challenge you to go to any dealership with a CPO and see if that's actually done. I'm telling you from experience and I know 4 people that bought cars from Todd. The best price isn't always the best deal. He also has a huge selection. If you want a PIP your only other choice is carmax for the most part here in Tampabay.

Beshara1111 and bisco like this.
  16. KCobby

KCobby Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    There is a good one IMHO near the NYC area at Nissan of Queens link here

Been there for a bit so I imagine you can deal. For the savings, it might be worth finding a cheap flight from Atlanta to LGA and enjoying the ride home.

FWIW, I just found a 2012 advanced for a good deal because the previous owner got a Prime. It was...very nice. :love:

Good luck! (y)

Beshara1111 likes this.
  17. Beshara1111

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    LGA? I spoke to someone in CA selling a GREAT PIP advanced, because he got a Prime, but getting it back to Georgia, not-so -good. Just bought a 1st Generation 2002 Prius that has been thoroughly pampered by its owner, and had replaced most things, including Hybrid battery and Navigation, that are expensive to repair....Like-new condition...despite high miles..real Leather seats, navigation, cruise control...$1500....Can tide me over while PIP's prices and Volts prices go quickly down, as folks trade them in for Prius Primes, new Volts and Bolts and new Tesla.....Leafs and Volts are ALREADY incredibly cheap because of 3-year-leases ending....

18. Beshara1111

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Todd DOES mostly know his Prii....He doesn't falsely label non-Advanced technology Prii as having AT as many dealers do. He UNDERLABELED one trim package, rather than labeling base Prii as package 5 as MANY sellers do...AND HE OBVIOUSLY LOVES THEM AS A CALLING....I found some great deals on PIP that ARE Advanced that the DEALERSHIP, even TOYOTA, does not realize they are, that I wanted to pass on to Todd, but was afraid I might offend him..We have at least three dealers in Atlanta specializing in used Prii, that they mostly get from Mannheim, including two owned by different relatives from India...but no AT PIP's...No AT's anything...including prius v's and regular Prii...

19. PriusC_Commuter

PriusC_Commuter Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The prices in SoCal aren't that great on the cheaper end of CPO Prius's right now. I would have expected them to be lower considering the amount of Gen 4 and Prime I've seen locally. I've been trying to help find a friend a decently priced CPO, but the Prius 2's with decent mileage are going from $14-15k, and the PiP's with similar mileage are going for $15-16k here. I find the PiP's to be reasonably priced whereas the Prius 2's are more expensive than I think they are worth.

EDIT: Prime to PiP typo, thanks Beshara1111!

#19 PriusC_Commuter, Mar 1, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  20. Beshara1111

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    After realizing that these sellers are not doing their dd (due diligence) properly, I would call a dealer as soon as i saw them post a new ad, which was without pics. That gave me the opportunity to ask them to text me a few pics, giving me substantial lead time

I've gotten better deal offers on Advanced PIP's the TOYOTA dealer did not realize were advanced, that they've had for quite a while and want to unload, finally settling on a 2012 CPO PIP Advanced with 40,000 miles listed for I'm getting for $14,000...[/QUOTE]

I would LOVE a PRIME for $15,000-16,000

#20 Beshara1111, Mar 1, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2017