1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Xenon lights on the 2012 Prius fourth model?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by jenzfc, Sep 28, 2012.

1. jenzfc

jenzfc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hello there, I was wondering if its possible to change the bulbs of the headlights. I love how the xenon lights look, i love those white lights.

If yes, could you guys please provide me a link of the exact lights that my Prius need, I think the headlight needs at least three bulbs. Thanks dudes.

2. wotcher

wotcher Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hi. you need to get a HID kit. the light bulbs come in different temperature (colors) from the most common 4300k (white with slight yellow), 5000k (soft white), to 6000k (white with slight bluish tint). i found out that since you have the 4, you might want to get a relay system with your hid kit. otherwise, you'll get a krackling electrical noise every once in a while. more info in the 2nd link below.

hid kits are relatively easy to install. They're a good gateway project to get you more into modding your prius.

links as requested
    H11: Morimoto Elite HID System - HID Component Kits from The Retrofit Source Inc
    one of the top companies out there. you want the 35w for low beams.

xenon supply or
    alex at fuzion teknique
    Found an Alternative to Xenon Supply ;)...CHEAPER TOO (Pics inside...) | PriusChat

Also, if you turn on your parking lights, then you will notice a yellow light. it the light above your low beams. you need to led bulbs to replace these. they're about $20 for pair. the problem is that some companies' definition of temp/color ratings don't match well with others. small annoyance.

jenzfc likes this.
  3. jenzfc

jenzfc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four

Thank you!!!!!
    I am going to try to change the bulbs during this weekend!

4. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You can do it! :)

jenzfc likes this.
  5. JAYSONE

JAYSONE Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Any links to a set of replacement LED's that DO MATCH WELL with the above referenced HID kits in 43ook or 5000k? I remember reading how some members have gone through many LED's trying to find one.

Don't mean to hijack your thread jenzfc...planning to do the same thing myself. Just want to save both of us time and money with some sound advice from others who have already been there, done that. :D

6. wotcher

wotcher Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    sorry, i dont have any links. since youre in socal, then i suggest you go to alex at fuzion teknique. I went there from the other jay's and kevin's advice. They both said that his parking light bulbs color matched the hid kit. In the worst case, you can check out gardena and pay $20 for the parking bulbs.

another option is if youre closer to rosemead, theres ijdmtoys. talk to them or use your own eyes to judge.

7. sfv41901

sfv41901 Masta S

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I had JDM Toys LEDs for the headlight that came from their interior LED kit. They didn't match my 5k HIDs. They would prob look better with either 6k or 8k HIDs but 8k is just too blue & too dim.

8. JAYSONE

JAYSONE Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Yeah...I'll just ask Alex when I head over to fuzion.

9. genetiix

genetiix Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Did TRS ever receive a new pair of bulbs which have the return wire at the bottom? You might want to buy from another vendor if they haven't yet.