1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Xenondepot Volt H11 Kit - No Ground Shadow

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by se-riously, May 31, 2014.

1. se-riously

se-riously Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I'll post pictures later tonight, but I wanted to let the group know that there is no ground shadow problem with xenondepot's Volt H11 kit. I transplanted my 2.5 year old, 4300K kit from my 2012 Camry (now sold) to my new 2014 PIP. I installed it exactly the same way as in the xenonsupply youtube video.

I consider the kit to be an excellent value, especially right now because you can get it for $85 shipped (currently $110 plus $25 discount code 'TN' from Toyotanation). The kit comes plug-and-play including harnesses (not pinned wires) that plug into the factory headlight connectors, but you do have to switch polarity on those two harnesses. Not difficult to do, so long as you have a small flat head screwdriver.

When I ordered it 2.5 years ago, I asked them to include a relay harness and they included it for free.

2. se-riously

se-riously Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Pictures I took last night. No ground shadow.
    IMG_0036.JPG IMG_0037.JPG

3. burstaneurysm

burstaneurysm Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    FWIW, the DDM Tuning kit also has proper alignment on the ground wire and they're only $35 with lifetime warranty.

4. se-riously

se-riously Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  5. A617

A617 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yeah DDM is a huge hit and miss, i had one for my BMW it work flawlessly, so i decided to ordered another one for my other car and that was DOA, customer service wasnt too bad, how ever processing was long i got my replacement within 2 weeks.